THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Funeral for a friend with new experience.

A friend I worked with his father passed away.The funeral was Saturday at the funeral home. The father was a car guy. He has a 67 GTO 4spd original,I forget actual colors name but it looks gold but darker.He willed it to his son the guy I worked. He put tripower on it.He had 4.56 gears it ,wow, when he told me.I found him a driver friendly 3.55.He also has a 79 TA. He regular drives a 65 Cornet with blown 440. Anyway after the service we were instructed to go outside. Here a guy and his father have a business. They release white doves at events esp funerals.he released 1 dove that flew around overhead then left. He then released 5 more white doves. Very moving people were crying. I talked to him afterwards. The doves will go back to their home (automatically) naturally.Home was about 40 miles away. He had 2 more funerals Saturday. First time I witnessed that.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never saw that before....I like it.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I googled r the release of white doves. It helps with remembering and with the grieving.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:48 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Arrow

I was waiting for the punch line....

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Dillon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default As long as they don't get lost........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZAkID5_980

This story had another twist in that apparently the leg band on it was a fake! Why?? Who knows? But it certainly had the local news interested. Australian Quarantine wanted to catch Joe and kill him but he got a reprieve after the fake leg band was disclosed..

Old 05-03-2021, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought you were going to tell us that anyone that wanted to fry the tires on the '67 would get to do that.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:06 AM
Senior Chief

I was thinking there was going to be a Pontiac parade in the guys honour with his son driving his car and a 21 car burn out.

Old 05-03-2021, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of my neighbors died about 4 - 5 years ago. He flew small airplanes off of a grass runway in our neighborhood. At his funeral, they had someone playing bagpipes, and they had several small airplanes fly over in a missing man formation. I thought that was pretty neat.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I want open headers! No black clothing. Lotsa food and alcohol. My grandfather said 'put me in the corner of the living room,have the alcohol in the dining room,everyone says hi then starts drinking'. Didnt happen because my grandmother wouldn't permit it.I left the family Saturday to be together.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I told my wife I want to go to a body farm. She isn't pleased, but that is what I want.

Old 05-09-2021, 02:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been to two where lots if butterflies were released.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That sounds, looks nice.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar View Post
I told my wife I want to go to a body farm. She isn't pleased, but that is what I want.
When my parent's health started declining, my siblings and I tried to talk to them about deciding where they wanted to be buried and pre-paying their funeral expenses. My dad told us that they weren't going to plan anything, so the kids would have to pay their funeral expenses. My brother shot back "We can donate your body to science". I assume my brother was kidding, but it really ticked off my dad. Dad wouldn't talk to my brother for almost a full year.