Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks..

Old 09-06-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
We had a 20 lb Maine Coon on a farm that could literally fill up a five gallon bucket in a couple of weeks. Some cats are micers some are not
Any cat that won't mouse is overfed.
Stan.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pestchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
Thanks for the tip - I picked some up on Amazon today.
Chris,

I read your post on the pestchaser. How did it work? Waste of Money?

Thanks,

Jim

Old 05-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pestchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
Thanks for the tip - I picked some up on Amazon today.
Chris,

I read your post on the pestchaser. How did it work? Waste of Money?

Thanks,

Jim

Old 02-19-2021, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ad in Old Farmers Almanac

https://www.rataway.com/

Old 02-19-2021, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

How has everyone been doing with pest control over the past years since this thread started?
In my storage building mice keep getting in from time to time, & I do my best to keep things sealed up, but time is on their side & are not afraid to keep trying seeing there is nobody there 99% of the time. I have been using the traditional bait & poison blocks as well as glue traps against walls & other areas I think they will pass. Also started spraying this product on and around the tries of stored cars, but its supposed to be re-applied every week or so. That has not been happening, so probably not effective at all. https://www.natural-armor.com/collec...1-gallon-spray

But so, far, I catch a (dead) mouse every once in a while, but nothing like it was a few years back when I wasn't paying attention. My kids are not in favor of the glue traps, but I would put them on everything if its a choice between that & my cars. They sure catch a lot of spiders I didn't know I had wondering around in there.
They are cheap & do work.

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA
Old 02-20-2021, 02:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Funny that this subject came up again... There's nothing new under the sun. I've been watching a Russian TV documentary on WWII and the Eastern Front. Very interesting to see from the Russian's point of view.
Anyway, I can't remember what specific battle was involved but the Germans had some tanks in reserve. They had been idle for several weeks. They were desperately needed in this particular battle but when ordered into action most of the tanks were found to be inoperable.... They found that field rats had entered the tanks and chewed up the wiring.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just be careful when using poison, as the rodent can die in an area that could cause some real bad smell and some small creepy white bugs. LOL
Had a customers truck come in that the rat had died in the cowl, near the air intake for the heater. Had been there for a while and was full of maggot's.
Was a nasty stinky mess to say the least. Every winter we get quite a few vehicles come in with rodent damage, wires, interior carpet chewed ETC.
It's an ongoing battle. They are looking for food and a warm dry place to nest. No easy fix.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Damn mice!!!!!!

Tried most of the above. Dryer sheets and slices of Irish Spring seem to work inside the car.
I’ m gonna try the 5 gallon bucket/water/sunflower combo. Should work!

Made a couple of these outside mouse feeders last summer . Something takes the bait so I hope it knocks down the population.!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	400A7553-CFC4-4AB8-AF00-CCB425F480F8.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	561604   Click image for larger version

Name:	6C286A60-EE3E-460D-BEC4-66CA7A56A437.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	561605  

Old 02-26-2021, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenglide View Post
Any cat that won't mouse is overfed.
Stan.
I can leave dry food out 24-7.
They still wont pass up a mouse.

Another thing.
Having garage cats for over 20 years, one of current bud's prefers using a tire instead the scratch post for sharpening front nails.
Good thing car stored with used wheels and tires. One he likes is showing white on the sidewall

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 02-26-2021, 05:24 PM
Senior Chief

Never liked poisons, oh they'll work, but then the mouse ends up dead in the trunk, or a crawlspace, or outside, where some unfortunate animal then in-turn gets poisoned. I like the ol' Victor traps w/a half peanut as bait. We have some mice living under the hot tub, catching 1-2 per night now with all the snow/ice limiting their food supply. Hopefully the population is running thin. Last night, someone (prob. another mouse) came by and cannibalized a dead mouse already caught in the trap. It was a pretty gruesome scene. Then the little SOB must have eaten the peanut for dessert 'cause it was gone. I'll get him tonight!

Old 02-26-2021, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cannibalized... reads more like a RAT.

Old 02-26-2021, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

feral cats eat mice, coyotes keep feral cat population under control, human feeds feral cats, shoots coyotes, coons to keep from gettin' the chickens. its a vicious circle.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsie View Post
Hopefully the population is running thin.
Don't count on it. They breed like crazy and yes, the stronger will eat the weaker and the babies before they'll starve. That ain't happenin'.

Quote:
Last night, someone (prob. another mouse) came by and cannibalized a dead mouse already caught in the trap.
I've had that happen a few times too. Like you mentioned...the food is running short.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We had good luck with the Irish Spring soap and it chased the mice out of my son's 2+2 that we just can't seem to get sealed up. After about 6 weeks of success the little SOB's came along and chewed up the bar of soap. The scent wore off and they chowed down.

We always leave our cars stored in the barn uncovered and the hoods up; and like said above, they don't like areas that aren't private.

Have a lot of predators and keeping an outside cat around here is impossible. My daughter's shepherd comes up to our house pretty often so no poison bait. Wife's ornamental shrubs were being eaten so I sent one of our security cams about a foot off the ground to see what was going on. The camera showed that we had many good sized rats running around during the night. I ordered out a miniature catch-alive trap and caught a rat a night for three weeks and then no more vermin on camera. Also while they were caught alive, it seems that they are not able to breath under water when trap is dumped in a pail of water. Here's a video of the trap in action: Rat Trap

Old 03-03-2021, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Years ago some folks moved in next to me and opened a petting zoo.
Suddenly there was a mouse and RAT problem, and one time i was working in the garage and a HUGE rat walked across my work bench.

I went out and bought poison right away. I'd found that he'd already eaten the soft materials in my engine compartment and interior.

I found him staggering around in my driveway the next day.
I have used poison for years. it makes them go outside to find water.
I have never found a dead rodent in my car or garage from poison; they always seem to go outside.
Never any problems since...

Old 03-03-2021, 11:04 PM
Senior Chief

Is nobody using Grandpa Gus mouse repellent? I bought the pouches and they spray recently.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejudge View Post
Is nobody using Grandpa Gus mouse repellent? I bought the pouches and they spray recently.
Assuming you used the spray in the engine compartment...any residue or degradation of surfaces (paint, chrome, plastics/rubber)? Too much work to get everything to looking new and if the spray has a negative impact.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 03-04-2021, 05:29 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
Assuming you used the spray in the engine compartment...any residue or degradation of surfaces (paint, chrome, plastics/rubber)? Too much work to get everything to looking new and if the spray has a negative impact.
I use the spray in the corners of the garage door and use the pouches in the trunk and in the interior. I don’t use the spray in the car. I will spray the pouches.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When have spare time, search online for homemade plastic bottle traps.
Pretty cool!

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100