Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When i haul my car or my motorcycle I park the trailer in the parking lot of the hotel all the time no big deal

Old 03-03-2021, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like maybe the kids should get a road trip. It would be a big adventure for them. Something they will talk about for years!

What could go wrong?

Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 03-03-2021, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I may end up taking them but I am not looking forward to a 9 hour trip with a 5 year old LOL

Old 03-03-2021, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I can’t keep the U-Haul in a motel parking lot so I have to drop it off or drive 24 hours.
Since when can't you park a U-Haul (or any trailer) in a motel parking lot? Is this a U-Haul restriction? If so, I can't find anything on their website that precludes parking a U-Haul in a motel parking lot.

It's definitely not a motel rule for most motels located off highways. Semi drivers need to sleep too...

I've personally parked U-Haul trailers in motel parking lots multiple times when moving (from CA to TX and from MN to VA) and have parked a car trailer that I borrowed from a friend, in motel parking lots (WI to MO and MO to WI) while picking up my wife's '72 Camaro.

I've also been able to rent a car trailer from someone other than U-Haul (most trailer sales places will rent a car trailer - that's how I transported my '49 Caddy limo from my dad's garage in northern MN to west central Wisconsin so that I could restore it).

You have a frequent tendency to turn something easy into a major problem with your self imposed restrictions.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpiston View Post
When i haul my car or my motorcycle I park the trailer in the parking lot of the hotel all the time no big deal
I have done this many times with motorcycles. May be my paranoia but I always back up tight to a pole or tree to prevent the back door from opening!

Old 03-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess it’s my paranoia about it getting stolen

Old 03-03-2021, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
Well I may end up taking them but I am not looking forward to a 9 hour trip with a 5 year old LOL

Man up, Daddy! It’ll be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 03-14-2021, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, the Body Shop cant help you locate the nearest U Haul? they know better than anyone, they LIVE there!

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
Bill Nye.