Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 04-14-2021, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default spc upper control arms

Messing around with these today, just wanted to make sure these instructions are right.........been trying to get hold of Mark at Savitske, seems he doesnt answer the phone or respone to emails lately.

I have them set up per the instructions to get 5+ caster............i was under the impression you needed to move the ball joint forward of the center line............when moving the smaller adjuster in the rear forward i run out of threads............the larger adjuster in front moves the ball joint towards the firewall..........seems the opposite of what im thinking.

I probubly have this screwed up in my head as usual, so anyone running these arms, this is the correct way according to the instructions.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tie rod info (8).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	564737  

Old 04-14-2021, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For positive caster, the ball joint needs to move towards the rear of the car.

George

Old 04-14-2021, 11:14 PM

FYI , Mark has filed for bankruptcy and closed his doors. Left more than a few without their parts they paid for.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by george kujanski View Post
For positive caster, the ball joint needs to move towards the rear of the car.

George
Thanks George...........only knew there was two ways to go...........as usual i picked the other one. lol

I dont have these arms but this is what confused me, thought you have to find the centerline and then move the bj forward of that..........

So just to get it to the alignment shop, find the center line again and move the bj slightly towards the firewall............im thinking maybe just trailer it to the shop. lol

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	umi upper control arms 1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	564772  

Old 04-15-2021, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That pic didnt come up right..........guy made it seem like the bj should be forward of the center line.........towards the front of the car.

Blue Lemans Mark................why does that not surprise me with "Mark"