Old 04-15-2021, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Anyone Paint the Fender Emblems on a 68?

The previous owner of my 68 GTO convertible had the car painted great but did not replace the fender emblems. It would be a little risky to unbolt at least half the fender just to be able to reach back and try to pry them off and replace with new. The emblems are in great shape with no pitting but the paint has faded off. I don't know how long the paint would hold up on new ones.

Has anyone painted those mostly red emblems?

Old 04-16-2021, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I do that kind of stuff a lot but really, that one could be done but it would be tough for me while it's on the car. Vertical and close to the ground. Awkward position.
Should be do-able with some Testor's and a really good tiny artist's brush. You're going to get some where you don't want it so a q-tip or small cloth on a toothpick and some reducer will allow you to wipe the paint off the raised portions.

Last edited by Greg Reid; 04-16-2021 at 09:06 AM.