Old 04-19-2021, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Rear seat / door panels installation order ?

Hello,

Working on the interior of my 70 GTO and need to know proper order for reinstalling the seats, side cover/armrests, and door panels under the quarter windows. All glass is new and will require adjustment.

Since I can't adjust the quarter glass until I put the doors on and adjust the door glass, I will need to leave the rear seat side panels off until glass adjustment is complete.

Can I install the rear seat back/bottom now and install the side panels later? Or do the side panels need to be installed prior to the seat back/bottom?

Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 04-19-2021, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not saying that you absolutely cannot get the panels mounted with the seat in place but it would seem difficult.
My advice is to adjust all windows, install the panels, install the seatback, then the lower and finally the armrests and cranks.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:18 PM

There is no reason you can't install the back seat without the side panels being in place... but you will need to remove it again when its time to install them.

Rear side panels have to get tilted outward to get the top rail to catch/release so the seat has to be out... but it only takes a minute or so, so no big deal.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

I was hoping to put the back seat in before the fronts, then install the doors so I had less risk of scratching things. Now that I understand the proper order I think I will just install the front seats and keeping moving ahead, just need to be careful when it comes time to install the rear seat.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...