Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210423_0001.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	565237  

Old 04-24-2021, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We have a good Pontiac builder here in Edmonton....He has built street and racing engines for my self and friends here in the province. I don't know what it would cost to ship from Alberta to Ontario but it would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to get across the border. It is expensive so be prepared for price shock. Most of the internals come from the States and after currency exchange and brokerage, your butt will be sore.
My last engine cost about 12K Canadian. I supplied the block, heads (they need rebuilding) intake and he did the rest. I also put in a forged crank, hyd roller cam and Hyd roller lifters with good Harland Sharp rockers. This was a good 2K extra. As you want a stock rebuild it is unnecessary to go to that level. If you want EFI, expect to add 5K to the cost once the dust settles.
Call Marty or Gene at PROMAX performance. www.promaxperformance.com.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for these tips, guys. It all helps. There's a couple of engines on the local sites as well. A guy has one near me, but you know, I just can't get myself to lay down 8-10,000.00 for an unknown. If anyone knows him, let me know.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-...3721?undefined

I spoke with Len Williams yesterday. He seemed like a great guy, very knowledgeable, friendly and engaging. He presently has a 5-6 month lead time. Mostly due to supply chain issues. I can relate. I've got long leads on many items for my hospital project, from the lab furniture to wall protection.

If I carried Len's engine price and a high shipping quote, it would work out to a little over 8000.00CDN. There's no duties on engines or engine parts from the States to Canada. So we'll see. He only wants a 50% deposit, so going his way seems easier all the time.

I also wanted to mention that shipping virtually anything between Canada and the US is as seamless as it always has been. Your customs broker takes care of the whole kit and caboodle for about 100.00. Delays not withstanding.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

I missed this thread somehow. I’m down the 401 outside London. So 2 hrs apart. Have a excellent guy here who does it all . He built mine and I’m very happy. Sent him several Pontiac friends builds and all worked out great.
He Dynos every engine he does for a extra cost but u know what your getting in terms of tune and know real power numbers.
It’s hard to do any good build economically , the details add up. I think your in the ball park of 8 k plus.
PM me if you want any more details.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Close to home in Can $
I guess that I would have to call for specs, but that looks like a monster of a motor.
A big consideration for me is the streetability of the engine that we need. Our LeMans relies heavily on Vacuum for the power brakes, the operation of the controls and such for the AC, and the cruise control.
So to determine the viability of an engine like this one that is advertised, I guess that the first question would be about the camshaft? Are there any other factors that would affect vacuum? I also do not want too lumpy of an idle.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I have some friends that own a small trucking company (yes, here in Oklahoma, although east of Oklahoma City, but still not that far from Len). Let me know if something gets in the works with Len....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 06-03-2021, 11:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I watch Nick's Garage too... You know, back in the day he worked at a Pontiac shop too. He knows Pontiacs almost as well as Mopar.

455/469 w/ #48 Heads, '65 Tri-Power
9.25:1 CR
Stump Puller Cam
Muncie M22W 1st-2.56 2nd-1.75 3rd-1.37 4th-1.00
3.55 Rear Differential
Front: 225/60R15 Height: 25.6"
Rear: 275/60R15 Height: 28"
Old 06-03-2021, 01:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Whoa, if Len Williams offers up the quality the others say, that's a great deal for the average Ponty enthusiast. I spent $7k alone on engine shop labor/ a few parts/stand break in etc so that's a killer deal.

11.7:1, KRE H Ports, Lunati HR 282/290 w Johnson Lifters & 1.65 Scorp, E30, EFI, Holley HP + Dual Sync, 12-1 Crank Trig, 120lb Inj & 1000cfm TB, Torker II EFI Int & Rails, PTC 10" 0 Stat, Ricks SS Gas Tank, Magna 4303, Aerom EFI Reg, Aero Front & Wilwood Rear Disc Brakes, Dougs 1 7/8" Headers & Borla Pro XS 3" Muffs, Alum Rad & Dual Fans, 12:1 Box, UMI Control Arms & Viking Berz Fr + Rear CO Shocks, Hella UP28 Vac Pump
Old 06-03-2021, 03:15 PM
Boost Engineer

Len has been AROUND for a long time. Does quality work on mostly production type engines but can build other engines.

OP sounds like a Production engines is what he wants and Len has all of that process figured out many years ago.

ANOTHER VOTE for Len Williams.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.