Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 05-08-2021, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When we did ricks 494 with the Edelbrocks from Dave at 330 the heads runners are taller than the intake we talked with Dave and he said he doesn’t take the intake that far because it would be so thin on intake. With the intake and qjet it made 551hp I don’t remember torque off the top of my head but it was close to 600. With a perfectly ported single plan I think it would pickup more hp. but it’s in his cruiser car so we will never know.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It appears that most of the intake runner porting was in the first 3" and that was it until you reached the plenum. I can see where the casting of the runner roofs gets pretty thin. It's still a work of art to me and getting installed on the 461 in a few weeks.

Dennis