WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2008-09 G8 owners > G8 General Tech/Discussion

G8 General Tech/Discussion G8 general tech and discussion area.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybirds View Post
Congrats on the new car!

Did you trade your orange GT?

I have a GXP with the A6, you will not regret this purchase.
No, I am putting my wife in the orange one and then giving her 07 Chrysler Aspen to one of my salesmen and then selling his 2000 Crown Vic with 177K miles on it! I am buying it through my buisness so there was a little bit of "musical cars" needed to make it happen but it worked out fine. Beth is going to love the GT and she likes that color better. I love that color as well but if I could have gotten the GT in this blue when I ordered it, I would have chosen it over the orange. That blue color they offered in 2008looked too purple to me but turns out it was a VERY rare color.

BJ

Old 07-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

beautiful cars

Is the GXP production finished, or will they be available until Pontiac closes down?

1966 GTO Montero Red Hardtop - Holley EFI'd 462, KRE DPorts/Muncie 4spd
1990 Chevy 454SS pickup - Accel DFI/T56 6spd - Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
1996 Chevy K2500 ECSB 'Poopy'
2002 Honda VTX1800C
2016 Cadillac CTS Premium

My project thread: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=516826

Old 07-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Ponchofan Send a message via Yahoo to Ponchofan

You are definitely a blessed man, for sure, BJ. Awesome GXP. I can't believe there were only 47 in that color (explains why I couldn't find one easily. lol) I like that one, and the the darker red color. A dark gray, or silver might do, too. (I'll never get a Black car again. EVER lol)
'72 Quazel Gold GTO, '70 Polar White GTO (RAIII), '77 SE, '78, '80 WS6 Turbo, Trans Ams, '72 Grand Prix SJ. All Gone...

Old 07-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a low miles 09 used GXP in STRYKER BLUE I found searching autotrader.com

Where did you find the breakout for the colors?

Any deals being cut on these right now, and if so how good are they?

Are the just the standard PMD incentives as listed on the site or "really good" ones?

Thanks...Jeff
Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
There is a low miles 09 used GXP in STRYKER BLUE I found searching autotrader.com

Where did you find the breakout for the colors?

Any deals being cut on these right now, and if so how good are they?

Are the just the standard PMD incentives as listed on the site or "really good" ones?

Thanks...Jeff
Jeff:
Pretty much the standard incentives now - about $4,000 to $4,500 if you are a GM owner. No more G8s will be built - they are all done and the 2009 GXP will be a one-year only model. The Stryker Blue and the Pacific Slate are the two most rare colors. I got the production figures from the G8 Forum, see attached.

BJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g8production.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	173743  

Old 07-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats BJ! I'm happy with the performance on my 09.5 GT, so I can imagine how much go that car has. Ironic that the most powerful factory "Pontiac" ever produced will be the last one. You'll have a collectors item on your hands.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've gotta step it up then...nice BJ, nice..
Old 07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, shes a beauty!

Nice find BJ.

I checked national inventory the other day (day after or so you bought) and none listed anymore in S.BLUE.

I think there was one or two left in P.SLATE

I looked at the colors using the tools on the Pontiac site.

Neat tool, but I dont think you can appreciate the color until its in front of you, like the S BLUE.

I might have to test drive one of these.

Wonder if the Govnt Incentive would apply to some of my old parts / project cars if I "drove" those babies in the lot?
Jeff
Old 07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, shes a beauty!

Nice find BJ.

I checked national inventory the other day (day after or so you bought) and none listed anymore in S.BLUE.

I think there was one or two left in P.SLATE

I looked at the colors using the tools on the Pontiac site.

Neat tool, but I dont think you can appreciate the color until its in front of you, like the S BLUE.

I might have to test drive one of these.

Wonder if the Govnt Incentive would apply to some of my old parts / project cars if I "drove" those babies in the lot?
Jeff
Jeff: LOL, I think you might just get away with that! You would certainly qualify for the GM Loyalty discount!

Hendrick over in Carey had a Stryker Blue GXP and I thought I had it all wrapped up, but they sold it out from under me! I was planning to drive over and pick it up last Friday - but when I found out on Wednesday that they had sold it I had to really scramble to find this one in Texas and get it tagged with my name! I have yet to see a Stryker Blue car in-person - can't wait to see it. My Ignition Orange was the same way, I didn't see it until the car was delivered to the dealership - website only! I sure wasn't disappointed in it and don't think I will with the Stryker Blue either. It really reminds me of Lucern Blue and I just had to have it!

BJ

BJ

Old 07-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congrats on a great car Milt, I have just put down 2000.00 on my cc and am waiting for the paperwork to get done. Bought ONE of the last TWO unsold Pacific Slate GXP in the country.

Now all I have to do is decide on flying a 1000 miles to get it or waiting for one of my transport trucks to pick it up. Either way I can't wait.

Stan
Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 PM

How are you guys looking up this "national inventory"?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint6ohc View Post
How are you guys looking up this "national inventory"?
Hey sprint I just sent you a PM, hope it helps.

Stan
Old 07-11-2009, 12:21 AM

what to do... color i want (pacific slate metallic) with auto trans or manual trans I want with the second choice of color (magnetic gray metallic) ??? Give me your imput guys need some info to help in my decision.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

SPRINT6OHC,

I am sure you have used the color tool on the Pontiac site that shows all of the available colors and different views, but wanted to pass this one in case it helps others:

If you load all of the colors one at a time, then browse back through them they load a lot faster so gives you quick ability to go "back and forth" for quick comparrission.

Neat tool:

http://www.pontiac.com/byoCustomizeV...th_buildbytrim

That MAGNETIC GRAY looks pretty sharp! PS might not be available new anymore, but I havent looked since 7-06-09

Good luck.
Jeff

Last edited by JLHarper; 07-11-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

HEY BJ,

So how do you like the GXP so far?

Hows the performance compared to the new GTO? I think I read youve driven a GTO so just wondering if its a noticeable power differance and overall what positive points do you like about it?

Any negatives, surely they would be small if that...

Thanks for the first hand report!

Come to think of it, did you go to the NATS and drive this car? Great road trip if so, and I bet you have some excellent first hand reviews you can share!

Thanks again,

Jeff
Old 07-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NATIONAL INVENTORY CHECK:

A few have asked me about how to check inventory in PMs.

DIRECT LINK FOR GXPs INVENTORY:

http://www.pontiac.com/locateVehicle...ximumCount=100

Inventory will change so I wouldnt rely on this search above in a day or so as it may go to a chached page and show old inventory levels from today, I dont know. Probably safer to do a NEW SEARCH each day or whenever you want using tips below.

FULL PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING NAT INVENTORY:

CLICK on link below and select LOCATE A VEHICLE at top of page.

Put in your ZIP CODE and click on ADVANCE SEARCH.

Click on 150 + miles plus in drop down box.

Click on YEAR (2009) at top of page and MODEL down toward bottom of page: G8.

G8s inventory comes up on page.

Look for TRIM at top of page and click on drop down option box and SELECT GXP and then UPDATE and all GXPs in National Inventory will come up.

Hope this helps....Jeff

http://www.pontiac.com/showHome.do?s...atch_|_pontiac
Old 07-12-2009, 01:45 PM

That locator only gives the closest 50 cars. Even if you hack the URL string to give a higher max count. It's not a national inventory. To get that you have to keep altering the zip code to go farther and farther from your home.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRW View Post
That locator only gives the closest 50 cars. Even if you hack the URL string to give a higher max count. It's not a national inventory. To get that you have to keep altering the zip code to go farther and farther from your home.
Exactly, 50 cars or up to around 250 miles.

Stan
Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Exactly, 50 cars or up to around 250 miles.

Stan
Actually you can change "proximity=" in the URL and increase the mileage. By default it starts at 300. No matter what it won't give you more than 50 cars however.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
HEY BJ,

So how do you like the GXP so far?

Hows the performance compared to the new GTO? I think I read youve driven a GTO so just wondering if its a noticeable power differance and overall what positive points do you like about it?

Any negatives, surely they would be small if that...

Thanks for the first hand report!

Come to think of it, did you go to the NATS and drive this car? Great road trip if so, and I bet you have some excellent first hand reviews you can share!

Thanks again,

Jeff
Hey Jeff,
I just got back from Dayton - drove the 71 GTO. My GXP is being delivered tomorrow between 9:00 AM and Noon. I'll post up some arrival pics tomorrow night and give you my first impression then.

BJ