73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 05-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default couple 73 questions...

Getting to the home stretch with my project, and have a couple of minor questions...

--I installed a new heater fan switch (non-AC), and notice that the fan is always on low speed when ignition is on. The other speeds work fine as well, just never shuts off. Could this be an issue with the Resister block under the hood?

--My car came with a mish-mosh of seat belt components. I had the seat belt retro place in FL rebuild a set for me. I now just noticed that I had a single belt that mounts on the inner front, which is in the plastic holder. However, the two that were made for me are just "lose" as you can see in the pic.

I was thinking that maybe the plastic holder was used for cars with a center console, and maybe was not used w/o a console? Or is the holder supposed to be used in either case?

thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150522_205810.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	398484  

Old 05-23-2015, 01:11 AM
Suspended

1st off the fan one the 73 will run in a very slow speed all the time as thats the way it's designed. It for fresh air to circulate all the time. It's made that way.When it first came out having the fan run all the time was called astro-air I think. Maybe that was chevy but it is made to run all the time at a slow speed. Next on the seat belt there should be a plastic/rubber case around the inner front seat belt. It has a snap to keep it together that goes on the inside of the belt to keep it together. It also haas a piece at the bottom with a hole in it so when you bolt it in place the belt bolt will go through it without binding it.