Old 07-20-2006, 06:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to 66geeto

I'm 20 and have been working on my 66 gto since i was 15 or so. Not really any help from dad either. Engine came torn apart in the trunk and the short block was still bolted in the engine compartment. Last month i started it for the first time. 5 years of work and all the money i could spare. The younger generation will never let muscle car passion die.

I definetly see what you mean by pontiac passion is dying, very sad to see when we car so much about them. It's a shame the gto was a (sales) failure. It could have been so much more.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have just read this thread from start to finish and feel the need to contribute my $.02, since I'm apparently the only PY'er who hasn't...

1. Mountainlife - Bad!
2. Diesel = Mountainlife - Bad!
3. Re-Body Car - Hmmm...Bad!
4. Rebuild car using original rear clip and cowl - Hmmm...Good!

Thanks,

Scott

Old 10-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bump, just for the fun of it.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-13-2006, 09:09 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Whatch out, Moutainlife will come out and tell us all how intelligent we are again. Oh boy won't that be fun....

Old 10-13-2006, 09:13 PM
formerly Steved400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlife
man you really are straight up a moron, I just got done telling you it's not whatever car you're ranting about, and the car has the originaly #'s matching block. Go look for coins under your couch cushions if you're bored. Your life must be incredibly lame

HAHAHAHA

Old 10-14-2006, 12:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dajudge_1970

For what it's worth. I'm really excited about the "next generation" of muscle coming out of Detroit. Ford took the lead with the new Mustang by taking the "retro" angle. Chebby and Dodge are now following suit, the new Camaro and Challenger are way cool cars both paying tribute to the cars most of us cannot afford, and fell in love with at an early age. Being able to walk into the local Chrysler dealer and buying a new Hemi Challenger is just what the next generation of "real muscle" enthusiasts need... Heck, its what we all need! I believe we'll see a lot more cars coming out of Detroit in the following years. Who want's to pump $3 bucks a gallon into a gas guzzling SUV that gets 10 miles per gallon? Not me, but I'd sure pump it into a 430 HP Challenger... I know these cars will spark the interest of those who see them / drive them to get their hands on the cars they pay tribute to. Now if only the GTO would go back to its roots. Enough of the Grand Am look already! I always promised myself that if Pontiac ever came out with a new GTO, I'd own one. Performance isn't everything, which is why I cannot bring myself to buy the new GTO.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:25 PM

Just cut through the chase, I am not going through 11 pages of everyone responding to this...what the deal, what is the car?

Old 10-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay here goes a summary.

New member (Mountainlife of West Palm Beach FL) posts publicly about having a nice numbers matching no-option IV Auto Judge factory drag car - considering sale of Car. Would not divulge any further details publicly - must contact privately.

Becomes sensitive about questions asked and speculations made pertaining to said car - and begins to spew adjectives nouns and verbs.

Winds up actually having an "envelope IV Judge" and a weathered bare block. Title, trim tag, VIN tag, and small section of rear frame rail all that was left. He or whoever he purchased the "envelope kit" from, had already disposed of the crusted Florida coast body.

He gets nibbles - but no bites. Wants TALL green.

Time passes and he buys a pretty nice non-Judge GTO factory Carousel Red in Charlotte, NC area to complete "the Kit". Then lacks talent or funds to build Kit car. Maybe both.

Returns to forum under another screen name. Offers IV Judge for sale - contact privately please. Gets accused of being Mountainlife. Proclaims he is not. When proved otherwise, once again becomes sensitive and defensive. Various adjectives nouns and verbs follow.

Kit car eventually goes to eBay and finds a new home where it will once again become the infamous no-option (with options) factory drag car (without race history).

Bright side, another 69 IV Judge is saved from the salts. The End.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nicely done BVZ, as always.

We cannot forget that he had a couple of other cars, a very nice triple black Judge (Clone) vert that got some good money on e-Bay, and then that other (possible Judge, haven't gotten the PHS yet...) GTO that he offered us here too.

I miss him, he was fun.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 AM
formerly Steved400

I really miss being called a moron by such a respectable member of society. I submit myself to Mountain's obvious, stature and intellect.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:25 PM

Reading through this thread was some fine entertainment.Either way,probably out of my league...Paul

Old 10-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's supposed to be a Hobby and entertaining,isn't it??

Old 12-12-2008, 06:41 PM

Anybody know what ever became of this shipping pallet full of parts?

Old 12-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I can speculate....it got sold for 20-30K. And the whole deal is coming together as we type. I had the VIN prior to a hard drive crash so whoever owns it now has that going for them..................dw

70 SPECIAL ORDER SABLE BLACK 4SPEED III JUDGE
70 ATOLE BLUE AUTO GTO
69 C.RED 4SPEED III JUDGE
67 WHITE 4SPEED 400 VERT FIREBIRD
65 MAIZE 4SPEED TRIPOWER VERT GTO
65 TURQ. 4SPEED TRIPOWER VERT GTO

WANTING A IV......
20 other non-pontiacs which need to be thinned down so I can buy more PONTIACS