Pontiac Journal Here's a sneak peek of what each issue of the Pontiac Journal has to offer.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Default Sneak Peek - Pontiac Journal May-June 2006

The Pontiac Journal
May-June 2006 The Pontiac Journal - A Performance Years Newsletter Volume 4 - Issue 1

WELCOME

Welcome to the all-new version of our Pontiac Journal. This is a restart of the original PY newsletter that was unintentionally abandoned when things just got too busy at Performance Years. We hope you'll enjoy the new Pontiac Journal and will subscribe to it every year!!

IN THIS ISSUE

LETTER FROM THE PUBLISHER LETTER FROM THE EDITOR
TECHNICAL POST OF THE MONTH PJ FEATURED RIDES
MEMBER OF THE MONTH 2006 PY PONTIACS IN THE PARK - LIVE BROADCAST
RESURECTION: THE 1966 ROYAL BOBCAT GTO PONTIAC JOURNAL SPECIALS
INTRODUCING NEW CARBURETOR BOOK SUBSCRIBE TO THE PONTIAC JOURNAL

LETTER FROM THE PUBLISHER

Chris Casperson  

Well, I guess this issue of the Pontiac Journal adds new meaning to the words 'time flies when you're having fun'. After twenty two years since it's inception and thirteen years of dormancy, the Pontiac Journal is still alive! Here are my opening paragraphs from the 1st Pontiac 'Newsletter and Parts Listing’, dated February 1985...

TO READ MORE, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE.

LETTER FROM THE EDITOR

Keith MacDonald  

As the new editor of PY's Pontiac Journal, I welcome your comments, articles and other items of interest, as well as show and cruise date info. But before we get started, I’m going to make you read (or possibly scroll) through a short intro.
Our Pontiacs Are Fun, So Don’t Take This Too Seriously

It was late November of 2005 when I fell off that stepladder. The Virginia red clay was soft on the surface, but frozen solid underneath, similar to my ex-wife. As my wretched body bounced off the muddy ground, I thought to myself...

TECHNICAL POST OF THE MONTH

VOE II Muffler  

This Month’s Tech Thread of the Month Goes to Tom Hand!

Tom Hand creates a set of OEM VOE mufflers which were based on 1970 Option #611:
Driver-controlled Tiger button Exhaust:

Tom writes:
These are very similar and in fact, based on...

PJ FEATURED RIDES

Performance Years  

Each Issue of the Pontiac Journal we will feature three owners who have submitted their Pontiacs for the Customer Rides section of our Website. Each owner whose Pontiac is chosen will receive a $25 Performance Years gift certificate, as well as the praise and adoration of all of you readers. Winners, please contact us with your name and address so we can send you your gift certificate.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

Tom Vaught  

Tom Vaught has been a member of the PY Forums since December of 2001 and is our PY Forums Member of the Month for April 2006. He hails from Dearborn, Michigan and is an engineer at Ford Motor Company. I was forced to trek into dangerous enemy territory (Ford/Dearborn) to ask Tom some questions for this article. Take a minute to read it and get to know one of our more illustrious members...

Who will be next month’s PY Forums’ Member of the Month?

2006 PY PONTIACS IN THE PARK - LIVE BROADCAST

An Historic event is about to take place in the classic Pontiac hobby. For the first time ever, a Pontiac race weekend will be professionally broadcast live! See and hear the ¼ mile action. Take a virtual walk through the pits, manufacturers midway, car show and swap meet.

May 19th & 20th are the days to mark on your calendar. Click the link on the left to access the Live Broadcast.

If you can't make the event, you don't have to miss all the fun.

RESURECTION: THE 1966 ROYAL BOBCAT GTO

Keith MacDonald  

In late 2004, Milt Schornack shared a vision with me he had that he’d been holding inside him for many years. He really wanted to build an exact replica of the Royal Race team’s 1966 GTO that was sponsored by Ace Wilson’s Royal Pontiac. From soup-to-nuts, Milt wanted to start from the frame and upward, recreating every detail of the car that toured the USA in 1966 and contributed greatly to the buzz that Pontiac and adman Jim Wangers had created in popularizing a car that is now considered to be a legend...

PONTIAC JOURNAL SPECIALS

Performance Years  

Each issue you will find specials on Performance Years products and services. These specials are offered to our valued subscribers as a thank you for their support and an incentive to keep their projects moving forward.

TO TO SEE THIS ISSUES' SPECIALS, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE.

INTRODUCING NEW CARBURETOR BOOK

Each issue the Pontiac Journal Staff will highlight some parts and services that we are excited about. This issue we wanted to bring everyone's attention to:

HOW TO BUILD AND MODIFY
ROCHESTER QUADRAJET CARBURETORS

AUTHOR: PY Forums long time contributor, CLIFF RUGGLES

*   Rochester Quadrajet Carburetors were standard equipment on almost all General Motors Muscle cars from early 60s through the mid-80s.

*   Thousands of Rochester Quadrajets are still in service today.

*   This is the only book to truly cover step-by step instructions on performance building the Rochester Quadrajet.

The Rochester Quadrajet carburetor was found perched atop the engine of many a classic GM performance vehicle. The Q-jet is a very capable but often misunderstood carb. This book, How to rebuild and Modify Rochester Quadrajet Carburetors, seeks to lift the veil of mystery surrounding the Q-jet and show owners how to tune and modify their carbs for maximum performance.

The book is a complete guide to selecting, rebuilding, and modifying the Q-jet, aimed at both muscle car restorers and racers. Includes a history of the Q-jet, an explanation of how the carb works, a guide to selecting and finding the right carb, and extensive descriptions of high-performance modifications that will help anyone with a Q-jet car crush the competition.

SUBSCRIBE TO THE PONTIAC JOURNAL

This is just a FREE SNEAK PEAK of the new issue of the PONTIAC JOURNAL. In order to read the entire issue and receive future issues, you will need to sign up for a 1 year subscription.

Well, what do I get for my 1 Year Subscription, you may ask? First off, you get 8-10 issues just like this one filled with Pontiac inside information and articles. Also, you receive the following:
  • Contests and give-aways for subscribing PY Forums members only.
  • Special product pricing that is listed in the PONTIAC JOURNAL each issue.
  • An increase in the number of PM's your forums account can store (increased from 50 messages to 100 messages)
  • An increase in the maximum size of your custom avatar (increased from 90 x 90 pixels to 150 x 150 pixels)
  • An increase in the maximum size of your custom Profile picture (increased from 200 x 200 pixels to 300 x 300 pixels)
  • Access to the Performance Years Online Parts Master System which will allow you to look up the fit and application of a part by the GM part number (over 200,000 GM Part #'s in the database)

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.

COMING UP
in Future Issues

An interview with George Kujanski
We speak with George about how he researched and refined Pontiac water pumps and cooling system efficiency.

PY Pontiacs in the Park in Review
We'll report on the event, the attendees and all the behind the scenes stuff you may not have known even if you were there.

Spotlight interview with PY Forums Members
We will be interviewing members at PY Pontiacs in the Park. We'll choose one of the members interviewed and share with you his (or her) views on the hobby, events and Forums.

A new Tech Post of the Month
Each Month we will highlight a technical post that is just chock-full of great information and helpful tips.

A new "MOM"
Each Month we will be singling out a PY Forums Member who has gone out of his (or her) way to help the hobby and all of us in it.

More Product Specials
In each issue you will find special pricing on products that are available to Pontiac Journal Subscribers only.

Featured Customer Rides
We will continue to award select PY Customers who have submitted their Rides for our Customer Rides.

AND...
Any other Pontiac news worthy information, stories, trends and developements that come across our desks.

Credits

Publisher
Chris Casperson

Editor-in-Chief
Keith MacDonald

Technical Editor
John Buchta

Production Manager
Steven Craig

Contributing Writers
Keith MacDonald
Chris Casperson