Old 10-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to oxfordsteve
Default 2002 Bonneville Rear Window Regulator

I recently bought a 2002 SSEi and love it! My first problem occurred last week when my 3rd grader slammed the rear driver side door and the window just dropped. Cable had jumped off the regulator somehow. I thought he had lowered the window so i hit the button to raise it and inadvertently wound the loose cable back into the motor. It got tangled up. I had to drive to work in the rain the next morning. The only way I could get the window raised was to cut the cable and manually move the window up and fasten it in place.

Upon checking, I find the window regulator is only available as an assembly from GM and costs several hundred dollars. No luck with GM parts direct. O'Reilly's can get it slightly cheaper than the dealer. There are several offered on E-bay with prices ranging from $76 new (foreign) to $195 for a rebuilt improved unit (North Carolina company)with lifetime warranty.

Could anyone advise me what to buy, and maybe offer advice on replacing it myself?

Thanks so much! My GTOs are so simple to work on compared to this new stuff.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The GTPs suffer from a similar problem. After a couple of very expensive GM motor/regulator assemblies for my brother's car, he started buying the $70 ebay assemblies as they failed. So far not a single one of those has had an issue yet, and the oldest has been in his car for over five years now.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to oxfordsteve

Thanks for the info! I will give the $70 e-bay one a try.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Steve, I know this is a bit off topic, but how has that car been ??? Im looking for the same car right now. If I dont find one in the next couple of days, ill buy another car that Ive had my eye on..

Theres a silver '01 close buy but the owner wants too much. Im still working on it though