THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

that is a pretty sweet collection, very impressive. But, I've gotta wonder, at what point does having all those cars become a burden? Sure, it's a burden we'd all love to have, but it would be tough to keep up the maintenance on all those cars! I have a heck of a time with my 4! (daily drivers included).

In the fire service, we call those guys Whoredors! Nice place.

Last edited by PB; 04-23-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
that is a pretty sweet collection, very impressive. But, I've gotta wonder, at what point does having all those cars become a burden? Sure, it's a burden we'd all love to have, but it would be tough to keep up the maintenance on all those cars! I have a heck of a time with my 4! (daily drivers included).

In the fire service, we call those guys Whoredors! Nice place.
He also had a survivor GTO in there with the same sport stripe as yours...but not as nice. I'll post a pic of it when I get home.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Senior Chief

Cool

i'm speechless. that is surely heaven to any pontiac person. me personally, too many late models in there. does he have very many t/a's? i know every ones a cridict. regardless, awesome, i'm jealous! thanks for sharing. pontiacmonstr

Old 04-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gary is mostly a GTO guy, but he does have a few other A-bodies, and he has had some Firebirds in the past. Some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_1217.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	204327   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_1218.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	204328   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_1224.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	204330   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_1318.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	204333  

Old 04-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think that "73 is numbers match. Told me it had an Olds in it.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
'71 455-HO 4-speed convertible.
Can somebody point out the dip stick in the red 71 H.O. Vert (post # 39 on page 2)? I know it must be there but I sure can't see it.

Hey, Pat, take a look at the dip stick in that 72 Quezal Gold 455 H.O., is that how you were saying that they should be mounted?

I have seen a couple of large collections like this one - Milt Robson's in Georgia, Truett Cathy's in Georgia and Rob Lozin's in Chicago. All are amazing and like Kenny said, it is really nice that guys like that are so nice to share their collections with clubs. They are all just "Car Guys" at heart and that makes this hobby even more appealing because of all the great folks you meet.

BJ

Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 PM

It's very cool that guys like this restore so many cars. That means they will live on for another generation to enjoy. Most of them probably would have rusted away, then gone to the crusher....It sure looks like Pontiac GTO Heaven! East Coast

1977 Pontiac Can Am, firethorn interior- buckets/console,tilt,tach and a/c, posi and rally II's. I'm the 4th owner, and happy it's mine! I tried to buy my first one in 1986, 20 years later I finally got one! Then Only after a few fun years, needed to sell it.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN2PLS2 View Post
I don't think that "73 is numbers match. Told me it had an Olds in it.
I didn't lift the hood, and took him for his word from our conversation. It must have been something, otherwise he wouldn't have also bought the LeMans on the 2nd floor that he intends to use as a sheetmetal donor...again from our conversation.