Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 09:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No need for 10k billet when these cheap ass things will go 3's

Old 12-14-2019, 09:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
How much do the Hi-ports cost? Bare and opening price point complete?
Around 950 per head bare...

Old 12-14-2019, 10:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
OK Paul (Xerox) you are a Edelbrock dealer and make a couple hundred bucks on heads you sell. And you are all over that EHTTFMF!! that Kinsler started. And he started it rightfully so. It was like this little ol E head vs the big name race heads and kicking but. He did it with Gabby's E heads, first NA 1000HP with that little engine he used to run. And Mike was all over that too, again, rightfully so. We all know the numbers he made.
But YOU use it to try and sell heads, dealer and all. But they are not a better race head than the High Port much less the Tiger. You want to put it out there like its factual.
What Chief has done is not relevant. He has twin turbos and we all know he could be doing the same thing with High Ports or Tigers. he might have to get them with no chamber and put one in that is best for what he is doing. But it could easily be done. He has his reasons for using the E head and does what is right for himself.
Now, here is a flow sheet of my High Ports, nothing special. But what I want you to give us a number with one of your bang up port jobs on your E heads to equal these. Not world beating but near what people are getting out of the "cookie cutter" wide ports that KRE and Butler ect sell.
See, SD Performance's own 340-350 E heads do not match it but I was wondering what you would charge, just for port work to match these little High Ports. I know one thing, its a full on port job. So, give us your number. And make it real because someone might hold you to it.
Aren't you the same guy that asked if I even liked Pontiacs?
When you have spent 1/4 of what I’ve spent on Pontiacs and gone faster than I have with a 406 , you can ask me that...been a ( 10.40) on a 406) how about you?
Best thing you can do is take
the cotton out of your ears and stuff it in your mouth...
Listen to those in the know... Paul is one of those people.....

Last edited by Scott Roberts; 12-14-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchorob View Post
Also interesting on some heads they say only for a 455....why This?

Probably the chamber size.

Old 12-14-2019, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
I understand disagreeing. But you two, in every post, sparing with each other is getting old. I just wonder how some of these internet conversations would go face to face. I'd like to have a couple of mine in person.
I agree and apologize for the annoyance. If this was a face to face conversation I would just walk away... I don't debate idiots in person and would prefer not to on the Internet. Unfortunately when I see a person posting false information as fact and it might affect others down the road I try to get things right. There is a lot of good information on this website and I enjoy searching through years of posts....if they're all false there's little point in reading them. I could give you several examples but I'm pretty sure you could careless and I don't want to drag this out anymore, so please bare with for a few seconds

Several months ago Dragcar was posting about a cam he bought from a fellow named Gach (a known chronic liar) and claimed the cam broke in two.... That's fine, except he mentioned the cam manufacturer by name. The problem is the cam in question was absolutely for 100% positive not bought from this company, did not come from company and was not associated with this company in any way. It's not fair to this business to have a black mark by their name for others to see when they did nothing wrong and were not even associated in any way with this false statement. I asked Dragncar nicely to correct his false statement and as usual he just spewed more and more nonsense, had zero interest in even knowing if or why his statement was false and drew his own paranoid conclusion that I was trying to manipulate him in some way.

So again I apologize for the annoyance I'm just trying to keep things somewhat accurate...fwiw

Old 12-14-2019, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchorob View Post
Also interesting on some heads they say only for a 455....why This?
I never noticed this but are they referring to the 87cc heads as "455"?

Old 12-14-2019, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I agree and apologize for the annoyance. If this was a face to face conversation I would just walk away... I don't debate idiots in person and would prefer not to on the Internet. Unfortunately when I see a person posting false information as fact and it might affect others down the road I try to get things right. There is a lot of good information on this website and I enjoy searching through years of posts....if they're all false there's little point in reading them. I could give you several examples but I'm pretty sure you could careless and I don't want to drag this out anymore, so please bare with for a few seconds

Several months ago Dragcar was posting about a cam he bought from a fellow named Gach (a known chronic liar) and claimed the cam broke in two.... That's fine, except he mentioned the cam manufacturer by name. The problem is the cam in question was absolutely for 100% positive not bought from this company, did not come from company and was not associated with this company in any way. It's not fair to this business to have a black mark by their name for others to see when they did nothing wrong and were not even associated in any way with this false statement. I asked Dragncar nicely to correct his false statement and as usual he just spewed more and more nonsense, had zero interest in even knowing if or why his statement was false and drew his own paranoid conclusion that I was trying to manipulate him in some way.

So again I apologize for the annoyance I'm just trying to keep things somewhat accurate...fwiw
Just one example of MANY where he's shown zero interest in the truth.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i got my speedmaster heads today. they look nice,, price was good too.. i think i paid 1170 for the pair on his cyber monday sale last week. came in plain brown box ind. boxed in foam just like the edelbrocks....

Old 12-15-2019, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

just my 2 cents - i had a fairly small but positive business experience with paul k several years ago and my impression is that he is a straight shooter. i suppose that is not 100% germane here but honest business people tend to be honest in general.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i82much For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 02:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
just my 2 cents - i had a fairly small but positive business experience with paul k several years ago and my impression is that he is a straight shooter. i suppose that is not 100% germane here but honest business people tend to be honest in general.

X2

He sold me a complete Holley fuel injection system, SCAT forged crank, custom Cometic head gaskets, and more.... good to deal with and at very competitive prices. Honest.

Sponsor of the world's fastest Pontiac powered Ford Fairmont (engine)
5.14 at 140 mph (1/8 mile) , true 10.5 tire, stock type suspension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoJnIP3HgE
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve C. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 04:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"Rape your ass in faberglass" - Gach

Old 12-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Keep on doing what you do Paul. Your work and willingness to share real life information say it all.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Everyone needs to pay attention as to WHAT is on sale. These are the non-CNC old style chambered heads that nobody is buying anymore. I would guess they are soon to be discontinued.
The least expensive Performer RPM CNC heads at Summit are the 60515 72cc versions at $1199.50 EACH. $2399 PER PAIR.
I have the Speedmaster heads with the fast burn CNC chambers complete for $1799 A PAIR shipped to your door. That's a $aving$ of $600 over the Edelbrocks.

220" Rear Engine Pontiac Powered Dragster
https://www.facebook.com/PontiacSpeedShop/
https://www.facebook.com/GoatZillaRacing/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RebuildExcitement/
https://www.facebook.com/Call1844RacersRV/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/INJUNWARS/
Old 12-15-2019, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

That's cool. I admit that I don't know the whole story. So I digress. I do know some history of Gach. What a genius!

The Following User Says Thank You to JSchmitz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
"Rape your ass in faberglass" - Gach

LMAO.

Old 12-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bare 87cc CNC - 829.50 ea.
Bare 72cc CNC - 799.50 ea.

Old 12-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Speedmaster CNC 72cc bare casting. $478.50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 12-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Suspended

Quote:

What thread was that?

Old 12-15-2019, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
When you have spent 1/4 of what I’ve spent on Pontiacs and gone faster than I have with a 406 , you can ask me that...been a ( 10.40) on a 406) how about you?
I need to PM you if I can about this combo because if I can get my 400 to go 10.40's or even highish 10's, it would upset some folk I know and I'd be as happy as a pig in mud!

Old 12-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisr View Post
I need to PM you if I can about this combo because if I can get my 400 to go 10.40's or even highish 10's, it would upset some folk I know and I'd be as happy as a pig in mud!
That's a heavy car you got...I was around 3200 ... that was 20 years ago...
You're gonna need e-heads for sure...
EHTTF...

Closed Thread