Chief Ponti-yacker

Default moog part numbers

does anyone have the moog numbers for ball joints for a 1966 bonneville 4dr

Old 09-21-2022, 04:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

anyone have an old book

Old 09-22-2022, 09:29 AM
Senior Chief

I know this is not answering your question, but I believe the ball joints are interchangeable for 65-70. Ask your question over in the Big Car sections (maybe both of them) and you will get a quicker response. Unfortunately you need to be very careful when shopping on line as most vendors listings are screwed up, or just plain deceptive. Avoid the "$12.95" as you get what you pay for. It isn’t clear if you have some that you are trying to confirm as fitting, or maybe you are starting from scratch.

I also assume you have used the advanced search tool?

recommend an upper ball joint for 68 Bonni - PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (maxperformanceinc.com)

Old 03-07-2023, 12:05 PM

Default 66 big car upper ball joints

1965-66 and maybe later upper ball joints are side specific as they are built with offset. Numbers are 5114 and 5116. Don’t remember which is which. Lower ball joints do fit both sides.
Early 65 big cars have welded plates across the lower ball joints which some sources say are not rebuildable. I did mine by making new plates from 1/8” plate, bolted everything together and rewelded the plates. Factory said use 66 lower control arms but my 65 springs didn’t fit correctly. Maybe 66 springs would have fixed the issue. Did not try.
Lots of 65 early verses 65 late and 66 steering parts. Don’t have numbers or dates with me.

Old 03-07-2023, 08:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thanks all, i got it taken care of, took the old ones out and sent them to Howe Racing, he matched them up with a set great product and support, however its gonna be a while before i drive on it though