Old 10-01-2022, 01:21 PM

Default windshield washer nozzles

Are the washer nozzle tubes located below the cowl grille or slightly above the cowl grille? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Old 10-01-2022, 04:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looking at photos of the 8000 mile survivor car - which was a late production Pontiac plant car - they are just below the level of the top of the cowl vents.

Edit...I just noticed your location. My 64 GTO was originally delivered to Madison, WI. Schappe Pontiac.

Old 10-01-2022, 04:46 PM

1 Wild Cat: Thank you for the response. It clears up how the nozzles are positioned. As an aside, Shappe Pontiac was the long time Pontiac dealer In the Madison area. They went out of business In the early 90's.

Old 10-01-2022, 09:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The Chevelle assembly manual shows how the nozzles are to be positioned and the where the spray pattern was to be aimed. It says they are to be bent to hit the right spot on the windshield. Point being, I think they'd be bent to wherever they need to be to hit the windshield with spray appropriately.

Old 10-02-2022, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default FWIW

I don't think it's as critical as the factory manual specs and agree that if you have them aimed at approximately the center of each wiper sweep it would be good.
However there is a "Spec" in the '66 Service Manual, so you find the same in your '65 manual.

Old 10-03-2022, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice diagram. I notice that all the screws shown are hex head, yet none have the floating washer.