Old 10-02-2022, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ‘67 turned 67,000 mi today

Got a break in the weather and was able to road test the new Cliff Ruggles (by Ray) rebuilt carb today. Car ran flawlessly. No overhearing issues, no off-idle stumble, and when you opened her up, that SD Stump Puller absolutely screamed! Really happy with RY’s work.

Car roller over 67,000 miles today. I bought this car in 1998 with only original 55,000 miles on her, so you can see I haven’t driven her much the first 25 years of ownership (granted, she did go through a 7-year frame-off with Steve Barr), but I do plan on driving her a lot more the next 25!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-03-2022, 05:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

VERY nice! Enjoy!

Old 10-03-2022, 11:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

purdy

Old 10-04-2022, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice! Mine isn't as nice, but has 190,000 more miles on the clock....I'm at about 257,000 right now. These cars are a blast to drive!

Old 10-04-2022, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Frank, good to hear that you are able to put some fun miles on it. Cliff told me a while back that he had passed on the Q-jet restorations to someone else at his shop. Anything Cliff has done for me has been first class.

Old 10-05-2022, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Frank, good to hear that you are able to put some fun miles on it. Cliff told me a while back that he had passed on the Q-jet restorations to someone else at his shop. Anything Cliff has done for me has been first class.

Thanks Steve. Cliff recommended Ray to me to do the carb and it really runs nice now.

Old 10-06-2022, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ‘67 turned 67,000 mi today

I forgot to ask this question when I posted about my little cruise last weekend. Because it was only in the low 50s, I noticed a lot of wind noise coming in through the closed vent windows. In fact, as I was driving, I was able to pull on the vent window handle to reduce the noise, at least in driver-side. I know Steve replaced all the weatherstripping for me, so was just curiouS if there was a way to adjust the vent windows to close tighter, besides sticking a quarter between the vent window handle and the glass!

Old 10-07-2022, 02:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My blue 67 has original ugly vent window seals and is dead quiet. I replaced the seals in the 67 red car and then had terrible wind noise. Only difference was I used a piece of cardboard folded up to tighten up the seal. Being overly critical I went to remove the vent handle from the glass to install additional outside round shims that are available in a kit from Ames. The original lock pin would not remove and somewhere in the battle the vent glass shattered. Seemed like such a simple task when I started. Ordered out a new vent glass and it wasn't very much fun getting it seated. Installed the new handle and added all the shims. Still have a little wind noise.

Anyway, they do have shims that place the handle closer to the upright, but be forewarned that things might not go smoothly.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the heads-up Lust4Speed. I’ll take a look at the Ames catalog for those shims, and let you know how I make out.

Old 10-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have noted poor fit and wind noise in all the reproduction vent window seals I have seen on first-gen GTO's. Still running the originals in both of my cars.