Old 07-24-2022, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They used to do an open house, one year Milt was there shot the sh/t for a while with him. He had his Pontiac there, the bobcat one, they haven’t had it in 3 years or so.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 07-24-2022, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72pontiac View Post
They aren't?
Not sure if this was in response to my post. But My OE decal is Blue and OHC 6 specific, so sadly NO.
Cheers.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hamlin View Post
Not sure if this was in response to my post. But My OE decal is Blue and OHC 6 specific, so sadly NO.
Cheers.
Didn't realize it was blue
so the one I posted looks correct other than color?

Old 07-24-2022, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't think this was real. Checked Eckler's and they list the same error.
https://www.ecklers.com/catalogsearc...w=grid&start=0

The Parts Place Inc. lists the accepted Jim Osborn Reproductions DT0022 decal as being correct.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Look closely. They don't say the same thing.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Look closely. They don't say the same thing.
Well I'll be a monkeys uncle. I wear glasses and still can't see.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been in the visual design field for 25 years now and whomever is making reproduction decals isn't paying attention the details. Some are better than others, but most are off the mark. The repro decal above looks like it was designed in MS Word and typed up in 5 minutes. Take a look at the fonts, font size and letter spacing the original decals - the repro isn't even in the same ballpark. To get it spot on would take some effort, but not a crazy amount if you have an original to work from and the right tools. One of these days I'd like to take a crack at making something more accurate instead of just complaining.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verdoro 68 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2022, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fonts wrong. Fonts wrong on a LOT of reproduction labels. For the '71 & 72 projects i have going, ESC emission labels are about the only labels that are correct.

INLINE bashing... Sure their customer service could be better. I also cringe at the use of NOS in ads describing reproduction parts. Also, what the H#ll is concourse? The word, if one is trying to describe a very high level of detailing, is Concours (pronounced CONCoor) A concourse is a large open foyer area like at the airport!

The above stated, have placed & quickly received 4 orders from Inline Tube since the 1st of the year. ZERO problems, detail wise, am VERY picky! Helps to know the detailing of an original part to the nth degree & kniw what you're looking at. If its wrong, I don't order it! FWIW, there are only a few business entities bringing to market many of the new never before offered small detailing parts. If the part they are bringing to market is of high quality, I typically support them.

Something I've done in the past, with local friends/customers who have a desire to get things RIGHT, detail wise, is go through their long wish lists/prospective orders & typically scratch off a good 1/3 of what they are interested in ordering, thats when better parts are available (restored used, low mile used, or select NOS).

Old 07-26-2022, 06:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No, Look closer not only BLUE but, specific to OHC 6 equipped models.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

INLINE bashing... Sure their customer service could be better. I also cringe at the use of NOS in ads describing reproduction parts. Also, what the H#ll is concourse? The word, if one is trying to describe a very high level of detailing, is Concours (pronounced CONCoor) A concourse is a large open foyer area like at the airport!
Lmao

Maybe they sell council parts. Lol

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱

Last edited by burd; 07-26-2022 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

These companys (in-line / the parts place / motor city muscle car ) could be so great but aren’t , I bought an exhaust heat shield wasn’t anything like what it is supposed to be, not even the correct shape for the car I bought it for firebird, it’s GTO only, wouldn't yet listed for firebird as well take it back even after discussion with them in fact they swear it’s correct but it 100% is NOT! And we’ll known .
They’ve messed up so many of my orders shipping wise with some not even showing up and then they argue,it’s ridiculous. The parts you do get usually have something wrong like the throttle bracket having through bolts vs threaded into the bracket. It’s just never ending. Sadly there’s a lack of quality parts that are correct so it’s the best we have but , if you’ve got it wrong you should at least take the parts back if it’s not what the customer wants and maybe list it’s short comings so people know . One sale that they sent the wrong part I’ve been going back and forth for over a month to resolve. It’s not that hard I sent pictures, the package is wrong , the part number is wrong from the add, the product is wrong for the add . It shouldn’t be this hard it’s clearly wrong!

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 12-19-2022, 12:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
These companys (in-line / the parts place / motor city muscle car ) could be so great but aren’t , I bought an exhaust heat shield wasn’t anything like what it is supposed to be, not even the correct shape for the car I bought it for firebird, it’s GTO only, wouldn't yet listed for firebird as well take it back even after discussion with them in fact they swear it’s correct but it 100% is NOT! And we’ll known .
They’ve messed up so many of my orders shipping wise with some not even showing up and then they argue,it’s ridiculous. The parts you do get usually have something wrong like the throttle bracket having through bolts vs threaded into the bracket. It’s just never ending. Sadly there’s a lack of quality parts that are correct so it’s the best we have but , if you’ve got it wrong you should at least take the parts back if it’s not what the customer wants and maybe list it’s short comings so people know . One sale that they sent the wrong part I’ve been going back and forth for over a month to resolve. It’s not that hard I sent pictures, the package is wrong , the part number is wrong from the add, the product is wrong for the add . It shouldn’t be this hard it’s clearly wrong!
Motor City Muscle Car and Inline Tube are the same people. Owned by John Kryta and his brother. I've discussed my horrible dislike for these people earlier in this thread, so I won't rehash it. However, I think all these places are suffering from a lack of decent knowledgeable employees like so many businesses do today. These employees are paid poorly with large turnovers. When that happens, customer service suffers. We've all seen this everywhere. I guess the only thing you can do is know exactly what you need and try and make sure the person helping you knows the part or parts you're looking for. You could also buy on eBay because many of these places sell there. You are protected well on eBay and if you receive the wrong part, eBay stands behind you. There are some really decent knowledgeable Pontiac parts sellers on eBay. More expensive than many of the cookie cutter parts houses you've mentioned but you will most likely get the correct part. Good luck!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ram Air IV Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did but on eBay they did nothing to help. They could care less .
One some of the issue they made good (the companies) others they wouldn’t do anything. Some transactions went well and the parts were good so there was a mix but The ones they did make good on was like pulling yeasty to get it to happen. These were issues easily fix and he issues with the parts could be remedied fairly easily to make a
Much bette product.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 12-20-2022, 09:14 AM
Senior Chief

Default My In Line Tube Story

I purchased lots of parts from them typically on e bay, I purchased a pair of exhaust pipe clamps from them and when they arrived, they looked like they were pulled from the bottom of the ocean, the plating was terrible, so I messaged them and got a hard time from them. I told them put the clamps they sent me on one of their cars and then gave them a neg feedback. They messaged me asking to reverse the neg feedback and when I wouldn`t they banned me from future purchases and told e bay I sent back different clamps from what they sent me. Pathetic!

Old 01-04-2023, 01:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And this

I was looking up a couple oil senders I have

6460468. And. 6460469. And their different applications

And I stumbled on this blooper

For The rare and unobtainable 80 lb oil gauge
Found in the 65-66-early 67. GTO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2A7AA1B8-4207-4727-8062-163F53839C75.jpg
Views:	103