Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 01-21-2023, 05:13 PM

Default '69 GTO RA (III) 4-SPD 4.33:1 Midnight Green w. dark Green interior

Hey all ... I'm new here ... so, I am working on developing the VIN of my former (originally sold new in Canada) 1969 Pontiac GTO 400 RAM AIR (III) w. hood tachometer, M21 4-spd. close-ratio trans. & SAF-T-TR-HD 4.33:1 gears in Midnight Green w. dark Green interior that I owned & performed the 1st restoration of (original engine prof. rebuilt, original trans. prof. rebuilt, new Cragar wheels, new BFG T/A radial tires & a colour-match paint job) back in the fall of 1975 ... as a 19 year old ... I have yet to track down any paper records I may have retained at the time I sold the car in late 1976 or early 1977 for $2,800CAD (I'm quite sure I gave the new owner everything I had in the way of receipts & manuals ... I should have the ICBC APV9T transfer paper Seller's copy somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it now ... 46 years later). If I can determine the VIN and what became of the car, I will gladly order VVS' (George Zapora tells me: "we [Canada] did not build GTO's here in 1969, they were imported") & PHS' documentation packages for it ... whether or not the car still survives, and, whether or not I can regain ownership of it again.

Aside from the car's primary attributes, described above, a sure to stand out modification I made was the sacrilegious act of cutting three 2" holes in the dashpad above the heater controls for three black-face Smiths gauges ... I also replaced whatever shifter knob came with the car with a black velvet-covered Hurst-style 'T' handle shifter.

FYI - the Canadian ordering dealer and month it was purchased, etc, may never have been known by me, as I purchased the car used.

So, I am fuzzy on stuff like a rally gauge pkg. in L dash pod (pretty sure none except fuel because I felt the need to add the three 2" Smiths gauges), clock in R dash pod (pretty sure no clock, definitely had a hood tach), center console (I think it had a console but am unsure now), F disc brakes (? ... the LF flex hydr. brake hose blew out on me one time ... you'd think I'd remember disc or drum brakes on the front but simply cannot), and, by extension, power brakes (I think it had power brakes), power steering (I think it had power steering), radio (I'm sure it had a radio but cannot recall if it was AM only, or, AM / FM) ... such is the state of affairs vis-a-vis my memory these days.

So, the big Q. is: has anyone out there run across my old car?

Thanks for reading all that, Kevin Mc

Old 01-21-2023, 06:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would post this to the yenko site too as it seems like a 'special' enough car that it could be floating in those circles as well.

Old 01-22-2023, 01:43 AM

bdk1976 ... thanks for the tip ... I'll look into it in the a.m. ... K Mc

Old 01-24-2023, 09:03 PM

bdk1976 ... FYI ... that yenko site's new account (set in motion p.m. of 22nd) activation functionality must require human intervention and manual activation e-mail follow-through ... messaging the admin (a.m. 23rd) over there has not worked just yet either ... I'll just have to be patient for now ... K Mc

Old 01-28-2023, 01:15 PM
Senior Chief

If you had the car registered in your name in Canada, (Ontario specifically) you may be able to work backwards from your driver's licence number to identify the VIN and then search from there.

Canadian documents for imported or made in Canada vehicles can be purchased through Vintage Vehicle Services Inc.
https://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/

1189 Colonel Sam Drive,
Oshawa, Ontario
L1H 8W8

George Zapora
george_zapora@outlook.com

Old 01-28-2023, 04:12 PM

Pepper Judge / George Zapora ... thank you for your post ... you and I have e-mail corresponded recently (my e-mail addy starts with my username here at PY Online) ...
I am in British Columbia and didn't get too far with ICBC (our mandatory government insurance provider and keeper of all things driver or vehicle-related since 1974) over the phone ... I'm going to write them a snail mail formal letter to see if I can get them to search their archived documents ... perhaps on microfilm or microfiche ... paper letters aren't as easy to shine on / ignore ...
I found a Judge / RAM AIR registry site for '69 GTO's that suggests my old car may have been a RAM AIR IV car under (last 7 char.'s) VIN 'P3204nn' ... I am in touch with Tim over there ... however, subsequently, on the registry's Pontiac MI plant sub-list, I don't find P3204 but do find two other cars where the upper & lower color are truncated to 'MIDNIGHT' ... so ... don't know if M. Green or M. Blue was meant ...
At any rate, I appreciate your help and suggestion George ... I'll write my letter to ICBC and try to sort out the 'P' sublist disrepancies with Tim.
Thanks again, Kevin Mc (K_McIntosh)

Old 01-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Senior Chief

Good luck with the search Kevin.

In Ontario, you can have the Ministry of Transportation pull all VIN that have been registered in your name or run a search on the licence plate to get a VIN.

Not sure we emailed but maybe text messages?

Old 01-30-2023, 08:35 PM

Hey George ... thank you ... ON's system sounds better than what I have to deal with here in BC (ICBC).

And, we definitely e-mailed ... you e-mail Reply'd @ 0850E?ST Mon, 16JAN23, to my initial 2207PST 15JAN23 e-mail Send.

Kevin Mc

Old 01-31-2023, 08:52 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_McIntosh View Post
And, we definitely e-mailed ... you e-mail Reply'd @ 0850E?ST Mon, 16JAN23, to my initial 2207PST 15JAN23 e-mail Send.
Wrong guy; no emails to or from BC, Jan 15 or 16.

Good luck with the search.

Old 01-31-2023, 09:25 PM

OK P J ... I mistakenly thought you had provided your outside world sig at the close of this post, above.

Kevin Mc

Old 02-01-2023, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If you had the car registered in your name in Canada, (Ontario specifically) you may be able to work backwards from your driver's licence number to identify the VIN and then search from there.

Canadian documents for imported or made in Canada vehicles can be purchased through Vintage Vehicle Services Inc.
https://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/

1189 Colonel Sam Drive,
Oshawa, Ontario
L1H 8W8

George Zapora
george_zapora@outlook.com

George Zapora is the guy who runs that company that was posted above.
They are like PHS is to the US Pontiacs.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 02-02-2023, 03:40 PM

yah johntal ... thanks ... I got that ... belatedly ... (George Zapora has heard from me twice now) ... as soon as I have figured out the VIN of my old (Canadian import) car, I will seek out George once again.

Kevin Mc