Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM

Default WTB: GTA Trans Am

My apologies if this sounds short or curt--just know what I want and don't want to mess around with things I'm not really looking for.

I'm looking for a nice, clean, low mileage 3rd Gen TA (GTA preferred) to drive this summer. Cash buyer, don't have to ask permission, and I want a good deal. I'll be fair, but I'm not looking or willing to pay high retail for anything. There's just no need in this economy. I'm not fishing, so if you are, don't bother. I'm watching ebay as well, and working with a couple sellers there.

* 87-92 Trans AM GTA
* Under 80k miles
* No mods or only minor bolt-ons. No race cars or heavy mods desired.
* Consider all colors, but prefer bright red or black
* Nice paint with no issues
* Nice interior with no major issues
* Hardtop, T-top, notchback, or convertible, body style doesn't matter--condition does.
* Strong preference for 350 vs 305; will consider 305 with 5 spd only.
* Would love a Recaro edition TA, but not mandatory.
* Will consider a nice 83 Daytona 500 TA, or 84 15th Anniversary
* Aftermarket wheels are ok, as I have my own GTA wheels to install.
* Don't really want a Turbo TA unless price vs condition/miles is excellent.
* Might consider a high mileage car IF fully restored to showroom condition with no excuses.
* Might consider 85-92 TAs if right colors, equipment, mileage, and price, but realize I'm less interested in non-GTA cars.

I've probably ensured I won't get many responses, but at least we're not wasting each other's time. Please pm me with what you have and details. I will answer all, whether I'm interested or not. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 PM

Bump. Are there none here for sale? Am I too specific?

Old 02-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think you might be setting your standards a little high and I don't mean that in a harsh manner. I've owned these cars on and off for the last ten years. Usually you find high mileage cars with various condition issues or super clean low mileage cars that people want good money for which is fair considering these cars are pushing 20 years old. Nice clean low mile cars usually fetch north of $8k. If you are looking to find a "deal" $3k or less, be ready for mechanical repairs, paint, interior etc. That's just the nature of the beast. I sold both my 88 gta tas about a year ago. Should have kept one. I've been looking on craigslist and haven't really seen anything at all. My next one will be a white or gunmetal grey car.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:08 AM

Thanks for the input. I just missed out on a black on black 91 GTA with just under 40k miles that was local to me. I called the seller about a week late. He sold it for $6500.

Not saying every deal out there will be like that, but they are out there.

I'm simply not interested in a rolling project car.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I'll keep my eyes open as I do find them periodically. I missed a Jamaica Yellow 92 in Asheville NC for $2000 by a day. That hurt lol.