Old 05-18-2001, 10:43 PM

THE *@##**@ BOTTOM HEATER HOSE CLAMP AT THE HEATER CORE ON A 75 T/A? Is there some kind of trick to this or do you have to R&R the ac unit. I smell anitfreeze only after getting on it. Driving normal it's ok. No water in the car but drips at fender/body joint. Normal driving ok no smell or drips. Has to be a loose clamp. All new hoses.

Fixed Carb problem with adjustments.

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 10:43 PM

THE *@##**@ BOTTOM HEATER HOSE CLAMP AT THE HEATER CORE ON A 75 T/A? Is there some kind of trick to this or do you have to R&R the ac unit. I smell anitfreeze only after getting on it. Driving normal it's ok. No water in the car but drips at fender/body joint. Normal driving ok no smell or drips. Has to be a loose clamp. All new hoses.

Fixed Carb problem with adjustments.

------------------

Old 05-21-2001, 07:49 AM
Senior Chief

I REMOVED THE FENDER TO GET ACCESS TO THE CLAMP. AFTER I GOT THE FENDER OFF THE I NOTICED THATA THE FIRST OWNER HAD CUT OUT A PIECE OF THE INNER FENDER TO GET TO THE CLAMP.

Old 05-21-2001, 11:04 PM

The infamous Firebird hidden hose clamp. I Removed the fender/fender liner as well, replaced the heater fan motor and hidden hose/clamp. What a pain in the butt. Previous owner had cut the hose just where it went out of site and used inline coupling to splice new hose to old hose. Lots of work for such a simple job.

Old 05-25-2001, 07:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Fun isn't it, I remember when I was running my 75TA on the street and had to replace the heater core!!!!! I am glad that I am racing the car now no heater hoses or core now!

Hot Rod

------------------
Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association
"For Those Who Live the Legend"

....if one advances confidently in the direction of
his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he
has imagined, he will meet a Sucess unexpected in common hours

- - Henry David Thoreau