73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '73 LeMan's 4drs came with a 3spd stick?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/car/376046644.html

I am selling a white 4 door 1973 Pontiac Luxury LeMans with 30K original miles. It has a 350 2barrel, dual exhaust with glasspack mufflers. Has old school sound for those that love REAL exhaust thanks to Lou's Custom Exhaust in North Reading. Its a car you never see around anymore.
It was tuned up recently and it runs good and turns heads as is. However, it needs work to be totally right. The body needs work, but nothing major. I drove it to the last day of the 2007 Summer Nationals in Worcester and it ran and sounded better than everything else I passed on the way to and from there. I have a 73 GTO hood that comes with the car if you want it. I don't have the time to pay it the attention it deserves anymore, so come take a look at it and tell me what you think. I am asking $2000, but come by and look at it in person and make me an offer. This would make an EXCELLENT father-son or daughter project, weekend cruiser, or a EXCELLENT parts car (although it would be shameful to break this car all apart.)
Give me a CALL ANYTIME before 12am on my cell at 617 894 1059 or email me at cliff1979b@yahoo.com. I would prefer that you CALL on my cell as I have that on all the time, and please leave a message if I do not pick up immediately. I will respond ASAP. The name is Cliff. Thanks for looking. -350 Pontiac ( New 2bbl carb replaced for Summer Nationals) -3 speed manual (clutch replaced last April) -Power windows(Yes they all work), power seats, and power door locks. -White interior complete and in good condition. -73 GTO hood comes with the car, and if you want a 4bbl intake and carb I know where you can get one. Just needs minor body work, windshield, and a place to stay for the winter. ****COME SEE THE CAR BEFORE YOU MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT MONEY!!!! It is registered now and on the road so I suggest you let me take you for a ride BEFORE you mention ANYTHING about money. Call me and we can arrange a time for you to view the car. This is a 34 year old car with quirks, but it runs and is a great project car, or you cruise it as is.***** Hate to see it go, but I want it to reach its full potential in a good home. Cliff at 617 894 1059. Thanks again for looking.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

3-speed manual was standard on the GTO and LeMans in '73...but I'm not aware it was also standard on the Luxury LeMans. I thought the automatic was standard (hence the "luxury" upgrade)? The 350-2brl was standard in the Luxury LeMans.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would have to dig out my 73' Pontiac sales brochure, but I think a 3-speed manual was standard on all of the LeMans that year, but it was rare and I imagine that it was ultra rare on the LUXURY LeMans.

I would say that less than 10 were equipped that way. I am sure someone here may have some actual #s on this.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Although uncommon, the 3 speed on the column was standard on all LeMans cars in '73. The GT and GTO had the HD 3 speed on the floor.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 07-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Senior Chief

I'm wondering why the clutch had to be replaced after only 30K original miles.

Someone doing a lot of power launches?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Injun Tom

With a big 4 door sedan? Gross.

73 Lux Lemans.
350 2brl. Single exhaust. TH350 automatic.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Injun Tom

Or perhaps the traditional Pontiac V-8 rear main seal leakage onto the clutch disc.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Suspended

Wasn't that car on ebay a few years ago?