Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 427 1100 hp whipple

Not Pontiac but dam impressive. 1100 hp from a 427, no other details.

Maybe Tom Vaught knows of this product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LS 427 Blower Dyno.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	292571   Click image for larger version

Name:	LS 427 Blown.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	292572  

Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

4L Whipple twin screw supercharger - they make a 5L and an 8.3L in this same design as well. This one is axial entry with their throttle body unit. They also have radial inlet - otherwise known as top entry. The radial units are modular for use with standard roots equipment. Tasca racing has a 4L on a new Mustang - factory supercar type of deal. Has been in the 7's at over 170mph!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
Not Pontiac but dam impressive. 1100 hp from a 427, no other details.

Maybe Tom Vaught knows of this product.
Yes, I know Art Whipple and his son Dustin. Also know Art's Chief Engineer "Bennie" who used to work for Lysholm Superchargers. Lysholm Superchargers and Whipple Superchargers are both SCREW Superchargers.

Torment is keeping quiet but he bought a BIG Whipple Screw Supercharger from Art (with a bit of help from me).

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Torment is keeping quiet but he bought a BIG Whipple Screw Supercharger from Art (with a bit of help from me).

Tom Vaught[/QUOTE]

Yep... and if I wasn't still trying to pay for it I'd drag down to Norwalk and show it off! lol Thanks for your help in brokering that deal Tom - it's a very nice piece of equipment.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Boost Engineer

Art Whipple was an Old School Drag Racer but he understood that he had to keep reaching for better technology. Bennie was one of the guys who could help him get there.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Suspended

whipple used to dominate in the world of blowers at the pro levels. if i remember correctly, PSI pulled some under handed chit and had the whipple screws banned or it was some political bs that caused it with the sanctioning bodies.. correct me if im wrong here Tom as im sure you know more of the story. however, i talked to them a couple years ago and they were working on a new monster to get back in the game but mostly they did street applications now.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Boost Engineer

No one ever said that Norm Drazy was not a good politician.

Norm came to Dearborn, Michigan one time to see me and show me his newest PSI Supercharger. It was a MONSTER (had to wheel it in on a two wheel cart).

But Norm got out of the game, was in a Donut shop for a while with his wife and fell off the map.

Yes, Art still has a few bullets left in his gun Scott.

Tom Vaught

Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM

We are running a 4.0 Liter on a 408 LQ9 block. best pull thus far is 969/1111.

Here are some of the pulls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65O4rfLVXRI

Last edited by wrp; 08-01-2012 at 12:43 AM.