Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Hood stuck

So, I closed my somewhat out of adjustment hood onto the safety catch now it wont release.

The front-back alignment is perfect and the left-right is nearly perfect too. The rear of the hood is popped up though.

I can push the hood down all the way and it closes nicely. Pull on the release and it pops normally. But from there, nada. I've tried letting go of the release, pushing down slightly, and pulling the release again- nothing. I've tried closing it all the way, pushing down slighting, pulling and holding the release, then yank the hood up all at once- nada. I've tried pushing the hood left and right, back and front while pulling up (and a weight on the release to keep it in the 'open' position) - nothing.

I guess the latch is broken or something. Very odd because I cleaned and oiled it before installation and everything seemed ok at that time.

Any ideas or tricks? What is the proper opening procedure (pull once or twice?)?

Thanks!