Old 04-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Senior Chief

Default hillbilly country boy 1974 formula firebird shuts down gt500!

I live in the watkins gleN NY region and one evening about 8 years ago, I was coming home from a movie with my girlfriend through watkins glen.. I had my 1975 formula 350 that was pretty good shape but the maroon paint was faded and wasn't looking so hot at the time.. Under the fiberglass formula hood was a garden variety 455 with forged pistons, stock 6x 4's and a 230 230 general kenits cam.. 3.23 in the rear rounded out the combo.. We hit about every stop light and every time we did I heard revving and a few tire chirps.. I thought it was a buddy so I gave it the 5500 rpm "rod bolt test" rev with all 4 barrels of quadrajet just a singing!! Little did I know it was some doofus coming back from Watkins glen international after a day of scca action.. He saw the dual 3" dynomax muffs (with no tailpipes I might add) the 305 50 15" goodrich euro t'a's on 10" centerlines and the lower quarters 'flappin in the breeze" and probably figured another dumb hillbilly local... MAN, was he wrong.. The next 3 minutes were a blur... I estimate about 130 in change and he NEVER got the front bumper past my drivers' side window. Scared my girl, blew a header gasket, risked my liscence, but mauled one of Fords' finest.. When we slowed to 60 finally (which felt like we were crawling) the look on his face was priceless... Kinda felt like the automotive version of "The Devil went down to Georgia" !!! Did the same to a Boss 302 a month later with a 280 pound buddy in the car... INJUN POWER FOREVER!!!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Senior Chief

May have been a little more then 130.. 27.5" tires, 3.23's, 5600 rpm... DOH!!

Old 04-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455z4ever
I live in the watkins gleN NY region and one evening about 8 years ago, I was coming home from a movie with my girlfriend through watkins glen.. I had my 1975 formula 350 that was pretty good shape but the maroon paint was faded and wasn't looking so hot at the time.. Under the fiberglass formula hood was a garden variety 455 with forged pistons, stock 6x 4's and a 230 230 general kenits cam.. 3.23 in the rear rounded out the combo.. We hit about every stop light and every time we did I heard revving and a few tire chirps.. I thought it was a buddy so I gave it the 5500 rpm "rod bolt test" rev with all 4 barrels of quadrajet just a singing!! Little did I know it was some doofus coming back from Watkins glen international after a day of scca action.. He saw the dual 3" dynomax muffs (with no tailpipes I might add) the 305 50 15" goodrich euro t'a's on 10" centerlines and the lower quarters 'flappin in the breeze" and probably figured another dumb hillbilly local... MAN, was he wrong.. The next 3 minutes were a blur... I estimate about 130 in change and he NEVER got the front bumper past my drivers' side window. Scared my girl, blew a header gasket, risked my liscence, but mauled one of Fords' finest.. When we slowed to 60 finally (which felt like we were crawling) the look on his face was priceless... Kinda felt like the automotive version of "The Devil went down to Georgia" !!! Did the same to a Boss 302 a month later with a 280 pound buddy in the car... INJUN POWER FOREVER!!!!!
Cool--PONTIAC POWER.--Be safe.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to gto fast pontiac

nice to hear, but you have to remeber it was a ford product after all

Thank you "The pontiac man" for the engine
Old 04-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455z4ever
DAM STRAIGHT

Darrah for President!!!

LOL
Old 05-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto fast pontiac
nice to hear, but you have to remeber it was a ford product after all

Exactly what I was thinking.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So, were you driving a '74 or a '75? And you wonder why people always question these kind of stories.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Senior Chief

maroon 74 formula 350 plus a little ;o)!!