Old 06-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Fresh motor, couldnt race the roush 427r *!@#$#

Well i just rebuilt my motor (see sig) and had about 10 miles on it and as i was normaly accelerating up the on ramp i see in my rear view a brand new roush 427r mustang. He is all over my bumper ready to run... I am thinking i know i built it right, but i still need to re torque the heads, and get some heat cycles into the new crank before i start standing on it. once he had the room to merge he flies past me with his buddy looking at my like come and get it.. I So So wanted to. It would have been so much fun to waste a $45,000 dollar car with my old loud car. I just looked ahead like i never saw him. I hated doing that.. but luckily he lives here in town so i will kill his ego later

72firebird 3800# 496 316cfm eheads, 11.1:1 compression, custom solid roller, victor 4500 intake port matched, 1050 dominator, continental converter flash 4400 stall. 3.73. 2 inch headers with 3.5 with x to mufflers reduced to 3 inch full exhaust. mallory 250 fuel pump, cal tracs with split monos ..Pump gas 91 octane.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

you did the right thing.

I still remember the time I was highway racing a 'vette at night on I80 in my T/A. I downshifted and had the TH400 in 2nd at about 110 starting to pull away when I remembered I had just set the hood on top of the closed hood springs after doing some serious tuning over the weekend. The only thing holding it was the hoodlatch It had floated up into my field of vision.

I had to pull over and set the hood back down from on TOP of the rear of the shaker. Now that was stupid........... what you did was smart.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

I did some work on the '78 TA I had........put some new headers on it, new intake and some other stuff. When I took it out for a test drive I just had the breather and shaker scoop on the carb, no hood.
Apparently I didnt tighten the band on the shaker tight enough because at about 120 MPH it flew accross the top of the car. Luckily it didnt hurt it too bad, just a small piece broken off the back of the shaker.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i heard a wierd noise from the rear end, later that night i checked it out, I run drag shocks on the street (dont recomend it) and since the ride is so harsh with the drag shocks, it finaly broke the plate that the shock bolts to and was skipping off of the rim and backing plate to the brakes. Good thing i didnt race him. uneaven shocks at high speeds is bad. plus the broken part of steel that was still connected to the shock could have peirced the tire, It looks like it tried to.

72firebird 3800# 496 316cfm eheads, 11.1:1 compression, custom solid roller, victor 4500 intake port matched, 1050 dominator, continental converter flash 4400 stall. 3.73. 2 inch headers with 3.5 with x to mufflers reduced to 3 inch full exhaust. mallory 250 fuel pump, cal tracs with split monos ..Pump gas 91 octane.