Old 06-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Chief

Default My "new" GTO story

I've posted about this elsewhere before, but it really belongs in here.

There's this little used car lot a block away from my house. I always stop right in front of it...there's a stop sign. Well, on my way out one afternoon I had just pulled up to the sign when the old guy who owns the car lot came running out into the street waving his arms and motioning me to roll my window down. It kinda freaked me out, and I thought something was wrong. Then, all out of breath from his little sprint, the old guy got this huge grin. He said, "I've been meaning to flag you down for months. I just wanted to tell you in person I think your car is beautiful, and it's got to be the best sounding car in the county. And it's a real treat listening to you go by, especially the way you shift those gears." All I could think to say was "Thanks". I was a bit flustered...the dude damn near gave me a heart attack. It's not every day some old guy runs at you in the middle of the street. As I pulled away I did reward him with the sound he so enjoys. Since then, every time I drive by in the GTO the old guy cups his hand to his ear in a listening gesture...I rev it up for him and he gets a big grin.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Senior Chief

At least someone out there likes it

It's always nice to hear people also like your car. I know that it had to make your day

Old 06-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks. It did make my day. It also makes my kids' day when they're in the car with me, and it also makes the old guy's day whenever I drive by.