Old 08-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Seen an honest Swiss Cheese Engine

I had the opertunity to see something very special last week. And, it's been in my close local area for more than the 25 years I've lived here and I never knew about it or the owner. I got to see a beautiful real early SD engine complete from carb to pan. Was even abl eot view numbered parts on the engine and some had odd markings.

I guess for some people this may not have ben a big deal. But, I've owned a few (still do) Pontiac's, but no SD or real rare cars. So, even at 50 I was like a kid seeing a new engine for the first time. This wonderful and friendly person also has more than a few rare or odd real Pontiac items. even a couple of honest older real cars that others don't know are even still in running condition. But the best part of it is the man himself. He more interested in others who enjoy his hobby as well as simple every day normal cars. Pontiac's to Fords. New and older ones. So, although he has some really neat rear cars and parts. To him, it's about the all cars and car people. So, for once, I know something and about some cars that others believe were long gone, that in fact are not gone. And no of course I can't devuldge anything about them. Because, even though he never said I had to keep my mouth shut. I haveenough honor to never do something unless he asked for help in getting the stuff on the list and books for others to know about. Nice thing is, one day it will be known and that's the best part of all of this. In the mean time I'll continue my new friendship woth this nice guy and kep my ears open and my questions to the minium. He knows things I don't even understand. So, I'm trying to learn from this so I'm better informed and able to understand something I use to only read about. I saw one car that was what I considered to be a low preformance car but oh no not even. The neat thing was that it was so loaded with factory COPO options along with the paper work, I had to scratch my head and ask who in the world would ver order something likt it? But, there was a simple reason for it. Once, I knew the history, as well as reason behind it all.

OK, have a great day friends and thanks for allowing me some space here for my first time ever.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm new too but Welcome. Great story and you'd better keep in touch with that guy. You're one lucky fella to see all that stuff....rare or not.