Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

anything new?

Old 05-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak
Here's some partial pics of my 350 vintage Pontiacs (and a handful of Olds/Buicks) and growing located out in the dry Arizona desert. Very little rust/flooding here.
Fortunately, I worked to get my zoning and permits so it's mine forever. Too bad the owner in the midwest didn't do that. Selling some of this stuff helps to restore/build my Pontiacs and handles my nitro fix. If anyone needs parts and can't find them. Give me a try. Steve www.pontiacheaven.org
I know this is a very old post, but Steve, if you have any other pics. I'D REALLY LIKE TO SEE THEM...

Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

In the Fountain Colorado area there was a discrete little ranch that 40-50 2nd generation F-body cars on it, most being Pontiacs. I went there a couple of times in 1995 looking for parts. An elder gentleman owned the ranch/yard and was also very perculiar. He was hard to buyparts from, he truely believed he would restore most of those cars.

I was re-assigned to Ft. Carson last year and took a little trip over there to see if the honey hole was still there. ALL of was gone, like it was never there...

1980 Formula 350 Pontiac back burner project
1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 05-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny406
In the Fountain Colorado area there was a discrete little ranch that 40-50 2nd generation F-body cars on it, most being Pontiacs. I went there a couple of times in 1995 looking for parts. An elder gentleman owned the ranch/yard and was also very perculiar. He was hard to buyparts from, he truely believed he would restore most of those cars.

I was re-assigned to Ft. Carson last year and took a little trip over there to see if the honey hole was still there. ALL of was gone, like it was never there...
It never was. You were dreaming....

Old 06-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.W.Dille
I remember talking to a guy several years ago in Columbus, Ohio just a couple of months before I moved south that had a collection just like you described. One car in particular I remember him mentioning was the fuel injected Bonnie. I never really knew his name but I think they called him Pontiac Dan (different from GTO Dan). I think he also had several complete and orginal Judges in his collection. It's a shame that he had to lose everything and hopefully these rare cars will be restored.
He had his name legally changed to Dick Pontiac, and aside from the @600 cars in the Jackson Twp. field, he lost several buses and a garage or two full of partsmany NOS,that locals stole from him. The Jackson Twp. incident stemmed from land-grabbers wanting to buy his land. He wouldn't sell, and soon the Township "Trustees" were fining him upwards of @ $600 a day, so the land was seized and went to auction. He's still fighting it in court, I believe. Nearly every car there was special in some way either having multible-carbed big engines or four speeds or both. Bunkie Knudsen's specially built Pontiac ragtop was reported to have been found in there. Cars were all covered with tarps, tires and pallets. Many were toast. There were several Bonneville convertible fuelies in there as well. A couple of Judges and many GTOs and Firebirds, but mostly big cars. We were bidding on a '63 421 Tri-Power four speed ragtop Bonneville to "do up" our '63 GP. Everyone was on cell phones and the prices went crazy. Kruse actually marketed the whole deal and anvertised the cars as "protected from the elements all these years." Not!!! Cars were falling in two when they tried to move them. Springs began popping thru the trunks. I cannot believe that all these cars sat for all these years less than 30 miles from my house and I knew nothing! They'd still be there if the real estate folks hadn't turned him in. You absolutely could not see any cars from the road. GTO Dan found out and brokered the deal on the cars with the scrap man from Wooster. Dan was to sell off the cars, scrap man would scrap the rest. I think they payed @ $30k for the cars. Two Texas tycoons came to buy cars and after picking six [two were Caddys with two fours] their tab was @ $76K. They offered $100K for everything and the scrap man sold it, much to the dismay of Dan, who could not come up with the cash to begin with. Anyway, they picked thru the cars and then let Kruse get rid of the rest, and...that's the skinny. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i havent heard bout that

Old 07-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There were pics and an article in some magazine I recall plus someone posted pics on another site when all this was in motion.