WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Electrical Tech

04-06 Electrical Tech Electrical issues with the engine, interior, radios, gauges, etc...

Old 02-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Default Holden Bluetooth Issue

I installed the Holden Bluetooth about one year after purchasing my 2005 GTO. At that time I owned one of the first Motorola Droid phones and the bluetooth worked fine. Sometime later I upgraded my cell phone to a Droid X. The new phone would find the bluetooth unit, sync and connect, but it would not connect to incoming calls. The unit would ring and appear to start connecting but then just drop the connection. I now have a Droid Razor HD and still have the same problem. Essentially, it is not usable. During the course of the last few years I have communicated with Pontiac, Holden, Motorola and Verizon. Each vendor directs me to one of the others. Has anyone else out there had a similar issue? If so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Never tried Bluetooth yet. Haven't heard of this though
Old 03-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I did the same thing with my 04. Now with the new iPhone it quit working. Problem is the blue tooth is a couple of levels behind the new phones. Only way to fix is to send it back to the company in Australia and they can upgrade it to the latest version. It should be a JHP kit. $169 to upgrade.
http://www.jhpss.com/Pontiac-GTO/BluetoothCarKit.htm

TigerEFI.com (Classic Pontiac Fuel Injection)
2004 GTO Company car, 1994 TA 25th Anv, 1971 Grand Safari Wagon, 1968 GTO EFI, 1968 GTO Stock, 1968 GTO Convertible in desperate need of restoration.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Blum View Post
I did the same thing with my 04. Now with the new iPhone it quit working. Problem is the blue tooth is a couple of levels behind the new phones. Only way to fix is to send it back to the company in Australia and they can upgrade it to the latest version. It should be a JHP kit. $169 to upgrade.
http://www.jhpss.com/Pontiac-GTO/BluetoothCarKit.htm
Thanks for the reply. So, I'm assuming you had the upgrade applied to your Bluetooth unit and it is now working properly, right? Also, what is JHP?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Administrator

JHP is an Australian company that sells GM parts. Prices are decent but you have to pay for shipping!