Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Butler Performance

I needed to order a flexplate and balancer for my 461 build that is at my local machine shop so it can be rebalanced. I wanted a romac sfi balancer and hays sfi flexplate so I ordered them Wednesday. The 377 dollars left my account Wednesday night, fast forward to Friday I received an email stating the balancer is 3 weeks out and the flexplate 1 week.
They offered to replace the balancer with a power bond in stock and a prw flexplate. I was definitely a little upset! Why would a reputable company like Butler take your money before shipping! And why don't they list there parts online as in stock / not in stock? They waited a full 2 days to inform me the parts were out of stock. I emailed them back telling them I was unhappy with that and that they put me in a bind with my machine shop that I have waited in line with for months now! They responded with a canceled order receipt only,, no apology nothing!I don't have the money to reorder my parts until I'm refunded and I'm sure that will be a few days.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont know. I have been having some trouble talking to a live person. I know they were closed for inventory a couple weeks ago. I think I heard they were also short staffed. I was a little disappointed when I ordered a cam kit a couple years ago too.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:36 PM

I recently had an out-of-stock order with Butler...but with a very different response. After a rather long wait for an Edelbrock water pump, I ask for a refund and indicated I would order one elswhere. Within minutes I had a call from David Butler personally. The very next day my parts were on my door step (overnite air freight) no charge. I also had two seperate calls from sales and shipping that day. It's a small hobbie perhaps but the have treated me really well
Roger Perry

Old 01-10-2021, 08:23 PM

Doesn't sound good anyway you look at it.
At my work and private life I have found many very good suppliers have been drooping the ball because of the Corona virus.
Or that's there story anyway. Here's to hopping 2021 will be better!

Old 01-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nothing but great service here from Butler

Old 01-11-2021, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I guess I'm mostly disappointed because they draft your account then tell you the parts are not in stock days later. Im still out the 377.00 for a few more days I think, I ordered that stuff last Wednesday. I can't order anything else until I get the funds credited back. Funny thing is I didn't even cancel the order, as soon as I emailed them back telling them I was unhappy with there solution they emailed back the canceled order receipt. No call. Nothing! Not even an idea of when I might see the credit or an apology for the inconvenience. I have always heard good things about them but this left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I placed an order 11/9/20 for a rotating assembly. I found out on 1/8/21 from Butler that my custom pistons had the wrong diameter. They re-ordered thru Ross supposedly "expediting" and still have not shipped to Butler from Ross. I know that mistakes happen, and I understand that. I ask weekly now what the status is on my order. I'm told that the order will ship at the end of the week or early the next week, if I get a reply about it all. Even if it shipped today to Butler from Ross, there's the shipping time, then the turn around time to balance, then shipping time from Butler to me. Looking at 4 months now, oh and I paid in full on 11/9/20 nearly $3K. I also have another engine on top of this one that I'm building. I haven't ordered the rotating assembly for it yet, waiting to get this one in first.

Old 10-24-2021, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have to say I have since placed 4 or 5 orders with Butler and had nothing but a great experience. Everything was in stock and shipped out immediately. My initial bad experience was probably due to frustration on both sides due to Covid. Will continue to do business with them and probably will call in any order that is urgently needed just to check stock.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:16 PM
Senior Chief

Had same problem with butler we only ordered parts that were stock on their site and they took our money and after a few days the told us that some parts are suddenly not in stock....im from oversea and there are a lot of handling and shipping charges...and what makes me disappointed is when they we told them remove the parts which are not stock from our order and send the parts they have ,but we got no answer for 2 weeks ...in the mean time it seems they gave our order parts away to other customer some an informed us that some other parts are out of stock now additionally...we .were dissapointed....

Old 05-03-2022, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Butler Performance has grown to be a pretty big company they also have an LS line too. Because they are so big you might get a screw up on occasion but they will make good on it. If you are ever unhappy I would ask to talk to David Butler, as far as I am concerned I have never dealt with a more fair and honest company as Butler Performance. Of course for parts made to order they need money up front. We are all suffering from supply line issues no matter who you buy from but Butler has the largest inventory of Pontiac performance parts of any company and their prices are very competitive. When I order from them I call it in and ask them to check to see if it's on the shelf before I place the order.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:09 AM

I've been nothing but impressed with Butler's service. In the past several months I've ordered the complete ProFlo 4 setup, Butler prepped E-heads, SST TKX 5 speed, etc. There were times they could have hit me for more money due to my choices but instead offered advice according to my goals for the car. They've saved me several hundred dollars along the way. Some items are drop shipped. Sometimes from multiple locations but they will let you know this up front if you give them a call before ordering. Unless I can get the exact same part for a substantial cost savings I go to Butler first. Integrity, knowledge and experience is hard to put a price on. Back ordered parts and shipping delays are just a part of post Covid life now. FWIW....if it's not a part that needs post machine work specs, I order it and have it on hand BEFORE setting up appointments. A day or two to let you know a part is not in stock is pretty good. I've waited several days in the past from other suppliers, heard nothing and only found out a part was 3 weeks out AFTER contacting them myself. Sometimes several attempts later. Glad you've had positives experiences since your first post.