Old 05-01-2021, 08:40 AM

Default strange offset. need input

I am trying to figure out my backspace/ET of my current rear wheels. it looks as if it is American racing outlaw 1 in 15x8 spec. link: https://www.americanracing.com/produ...ar61-outlaw-i/
The wheels are a 100% identical centercap says american eagle insted of american racing, there migth have been a company named american eagle producing copys as the centerline design have been quite popular.

Now the website states that it is 3.75 backspace (ET -19 mm)
I have measured mine and i am at loss as they are stamped with 5x4.75, 15x8
no ET/offset is stamped on them. But when i measure i come up with 3.3"
translates to ET -30

Picture of my measure method:

For my sanity, i need someone to comfirm that my measurement is correct or in-correct.

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++

Last edited by djustice; 05-01-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo (there migth be more :)
Old 05-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like you're doing it right. Appears you have the straight edge right on the absolute outside of the rim going to the pad which is how backspace is defined.

Offset is measured to relative to the inside of the rim lip (which is how manufacturers define the rim size). So if the rim is stamped 15x8 it should measure 9" to the outside dimensions. Therefore zero offset would be 4.5" backspace. At 3 5/16" (3.5125") you're difference to zero offset is -1.1875"=-30.1625mm

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/Backspac...alculator.html

Old 05-01-2021, 09:35 AM

Thank you! i have been trying to do some research using wayback machine internet archives and have found a site called american eagle alloys active to about 2002 , but there is very little info preserved in the archive, but the logo looks identical to my centercap, so they migth actually be american eagle alloy that migth have a different offset than American racing outalw 1.

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++