Old 05-26-2021, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Correct/usable windshield stops?

Hello,

As I get ready to installed my windshield, I opened up the package of lower windshield stops that I had bought several years ago from PY (they are actually an Inline Tube product).

The first thing I noticed was that there was no adjusting slot, just a single screw hole. I went and found some old stops from another 70 parts car I had saved and they are shorter, have an adjusting slot, and had a rubber block stuck to them.

In the attached pic, the stop on the left is the one from the parts car, and the one on the right is the Inline Tube part. Of interest, Ames only sells the shorter style on the left and lists it as for 68-72, while Inline Tube also sells the short one but lists it as 68-69 and the long one that I bought as 70-72.

I installed the long one and measured the windshield height (have not test fit it yet), and it appears there wood be sufficient room to install the glass with some clearance to spare.

Question: Has anyone seen a 70-72 come with the longer style glass stop?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210526_181347.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	567306   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210526_182645.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	567307  

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...

Last edited by mrennie; 05-26-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Where is OPH when you need him? LOL

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...