Old 05-30-2021, 11:33 PM

Question Generic Part Number for Master Cylinder w/bleeders?

So my T/A has been in storage here in Orlando since November and I just drove down from NY today for a couple of weeks.

Surprisingly, she started right up (thought the battery would be dead for sure, but the el cheapo solar panel kept it charged)

Unfortunately, the brake pedal went straight to the floor and the rear reservoir was empty with a nice fluid soaked spot on the wood floor of my trailer (DOH!!)

Since tomorrow appears to be the ONLY day without rain in the forecast (I sure know how to choose a vacation time), I'm hoping to throw in a cheap off the shelf master just to get her to a local show.

Thing is, all of the listings I see at the parts stores only have masters without bleeder valves.

I'm quite sure it's common enough to where they'd have it in stock (perhaps listed under another GM model), but if I have to deal with some geeky millenial parts monkey staring at a computer screen and asking a bunch of useless questions I'll probably lose it.

Does anyone have a universal part number for a correct fitting master with bleeders?

70 T/A btw

Old 05-31-2021, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

This info is for the rectangular single bail unit such as this example:

Any parts store that sells Cardone parts can order you a totally remanned Delco unit with the correct bleeder screws. To be even more correct, a new properly plated lid will need to be purchased which is readily available reproduction.

Specify part number 10-1521BLV

NAPA also sells them..

Specify part number NMC P2072BLV

InLine tube sells their new reproduction, which is close, but will not have any Delco casting numbers..

Specify part number MPL500.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 05-31-2021, 11:13 PM

I actually picked up one from VatoZone ($28 bucks/no core charge with my shop discount)

It didn't have bleeders, but whatever, at least now I have brakes.

Went to the local show, but not many cars came out, so I just cruised around for a few hours until my left leg caught a cramp and my right shoulder aching

I've been so spoiled driving my comfy minivan lol

I'll probably get a Delco Master/Booster from FBC on my next trip down

Old 06-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the bore is pitted send your original MC off to white post in VA for a sleeve and rebuild.
www.whitepost.com