Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 05-28-2021, 10:08 PM

Default Message to Mark of Luhn performance inc.

Mark im done with bitting my tongue you lied to me for 15 months send me my $17500,00 for the parts you screwed me on. I will never let you get away with it so do the right thing. And before anyone stands up for this pos I have every message saved their is no two sides to this story he screwed me makes up a lie that I threatened him to justify blocking my # Also don’t remove this post cause I’m sure their is a line of people that keep quite about his bs.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's always sad to hear things like this. I hope both partys can walk away without making lawyer's more wealthy. Good luck

Old 05-29-2021, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiac Business Entities Exchange
Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Sponsor of the world's fastest Pontiac powered Ford Fairmont (engine)
5.14 at 140 mph (1/8 mile) , true 10.5 tire, stock type suspension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoJnIP3HgE
Old 05-29-2021, 01:23 PM

Business disputes belong in the business entities section, and threats are not allowed on this board. If the original poster wants to provide more background to the story rather than simply making accusations of lies and theft, they can start a new discussion.

Old 05-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617lvd View Post
Mark im done with bitting my tongue you lied to me for 15 months send me my $17500,00 for the parts you screwed me on. I will never let you get away with it so do the right thing. And before anyone stands up for this pos I have every message saved their is no two sides to this story he screwed me makes up a lie that I threatened him to justify blocking my # Also don’t remove this post cause I’m sure their is a line of people that keep quite about his bs.
Wouldnt it be better to share some details in order for others to have a better idea of what happened?

Old 05-29-2021, 07:39 PM
Suspended

He kinda laid it out on Facebook!

GTO George

The Following User Says Thank You to GTOGEORGE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2021, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I see he is SE WI. Never heard of them.

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 05-30-2021, 03:30 AM

Basically I had Mark order and I paid for a set of custom Carrillo rods and pistons for the boosted engine I was building because I trusted him and his expertise in boosted Pontiac engines.

Then I bought a set of sd ported eheads fully assembled that he had in stock. Also at the same time he ordered a custom 55 mm bullet cam , shaft rockers, 937 lifters, head studs with stepped washers As well as a oil pump, all the bearings which he said he had in stock, ati harmonic balancer, lifter bushings and other miscellaneous parts to complete the engine. I paid for everything back in February and March of year.

Then I talked to him and found out he builds and dunks engines as well. I trusted his skills and thought he was the best option to build and dyno my engine. I asked him if he would build and dyno my engine with one request that he would have it completed back to me by the end of 6/20 I stressed that if he couldn’t I would have my local guy build it which I regret now. He agreed so instead of him shipping the parts I purchased to me I told him I’ll send him everything I have to fully build and dyno the engine, parts I sent to name the major items, IA2 block complete fuel tech ft600 system sensors and all, my turbo and turbo headers, oil pan, billet flex plate, the custom Bryant crank that the bob weight was matched to the rods and pistons Mark had ordered for me was dropped shipped direct from Bryant to him. I also sent him more money towards assembly and dyno total I paid Mark was $17500.00 over three checks. He never asked for money for assembly up front , I sent it on my own to not have a big Bill In the end. He also said he would make me his first billet intake and valve covers. So at this point beginning of 4/20 he had everything to assemble the engine

End of June deadline was missed like he never was a thing but since the COVID crap was happing I understood the delay. He said end of august the latest again missed he never even acknowledged it. Then he promised by thanksgiving of last year. same thing like he never even said it.

February of this year came and he sent me a pic of the block getting the oil pan surface milled I was shocked considering he said the block was machined 8 months prior. I had enough at that point and sent him a text saying I was sending my friend to his shop on 3/16 to pick up my engine assembled or not and all my parts. I have no hard feelings and wanted to keep it that way. I also told him I understand that dynoing the engine and the billet intake is not going to happen obviously since he told me he had no idea when he would get to it the week prior. I ordered a billet intake from hogan for the eheads Mark sold me. He gave me the info hogan requested To cut the intake. it was obvious he would never complete the engine in the near future.

He called me on 3/12 and said that if I gave him 2 weeks he promised he would have the engine assembled minus the intake and shipped to me. I said yes and thought he was finally sincere and going to keep his word. I’m in boston I really didn’t want to deal with picking up a un assembled engine in Wi.

At the end of the two weeks I called him and he says the crank bearings are on back order and they won’t be here till 5/21 I was shocked first off that he didn’t do 1 thing to the engine let alone assemble it I was under the impression the crank was already installed long ago. Second I already purchased the bearings from him before I sent him anything a year ago. Said they were in my pile of parts. I asked him for the part numbers for the bearings he needed and I will track them down. I called king direct they had 11 sets in stock they told me to order through summit racing since I don’t have a account with them, I did and Mark had them within 4-5 days.

I Gave him two more weeks I called him and he’s says he’s waiting on lifter bushings. Wtf We ordered those and they where “in my pile “ a year ago. I thought those were installed months ago as well. 1 more week goes by and he says progress is at a snails pace. I said this is ridiculous he then offered to box up and ship my parts back to me. I said I think that’s best at this point please do. And let me know what if anything I need to complete the engine so I could get a jump on it. No answer.

He won’t answer my phone calls anymore but his wife Jill sent me a text saying they are shipping everything last week. I again asked if their is anything I need to complete the engine. They won’t answer the question. Or my calls. I received some boxes on 3/27 that contained my electronics, oil pan, blow off valves and waste gates also lifter bushing and my crank bearing I just sent him so I know now he didn’t do one thing to my block over the last year.

5/28 I received a ripped open box with my main caps and hardware. The box ripped because it wasn’t strong Enough for the weight of the caps and no protective padding separating the caps from each other at all. Some my brand new main caps for my brand new block are beat up and missing hardware.

I called him right away no answer but he called me back I told him I wasn’t happy about the main caps he said someone else packaged them.

I then asked him what’s on the pallet since I’m missing all the engine parts. He tries to avoid the question so I ask if my heads are on it. He says nope and they’re his along with every part I paid him for that he ordered since I fired them. I didn’t fire them he offered to send my stuff back I said yes. I have text proving everything. Then I said I want my $17,500.00 back now since you wasted 15 months of my life and you stole the parts I purchased. He tries to blame it on me that he has to find another machine shop now that he pulled my engine out of their they’re Pissed at him. Really if they can’t even prep a block in a year they should be in business. I know he is trying to reverse the blame. Then says I threatened him and hangs up on me. I did threaten him with legal action not physical.

He blocked my number and won’t respond about the contents of the pallet that will be here Tuesday or my $17,500.00 that I want ASAP and that is unacceptable, it’s not pocket change.

Last edited by Stuart; 05-30-2021 at 09:58 AM. Reason: edited to remove threatening language.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:00 AM

I'm sorry this happened to you, but please leave personal threats to this person out of it. I'm not aware of whether he reads posts here or is a member.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This seems to be Mark's M.O.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
The Following User Says Thank You to wreckmastr For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2021, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like a personal visit is in order.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 05-31-2021, 11:16 PM
Boost Engineer

First off, I do not know you from Adam. But I have a few comments to make.

I worked for one of the largest automotive vehicle companies in the world for 39 years making programs successful. ECOBOOST is one of my programs.

There are ALWAYS bumps in the road. The company above is in the papers currently waiting for "Chips" for vehicles and have been for months. Timelines get delayed.
But it seems you want your timeline to be exactly what it was originally with no flexibility in the agreement and you want all of your money and the parts and work basically for free. It doesn't work that way.

My suggestion is to show some flexibility in the dealings with the supplier (any supplier for that matter) and work out the issue in the best way possible that is acceptable for both parties. Threats basically do nothing to resolve the situation.

JMO

Tom V.

I am really surprised that you feel you should have all of your money back, and the parts purchased with that money. Unless you have receipts showing that you bought the parts separate from the Luhn Transaction, you get one or the other, typically.

The other comment is EVERYONE, big companies and small companies have suffered from the COVID bs. And it sounds like you have no allowance for that in your original timeline on when the engine was to be shipped to you.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:00 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Sounds pretty bad. From what you’re saying is he wasn’t honest about the bearings and a few other things. You gave him several chances in a fair and timely matter to redeem your faith and he’s blown it.
And blaming someone else on the poorly packed parts for shipping ? How irresponsible.
My cousin owns a shop that mainly does diesels, and if he gave these kinda excuses for months to companies who need their equipment running yesterday he wouldn’t be open long.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:24 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Basically I had Mark order and I paid for a set of custom Carrillo rods and pistons for the boosted engine I was building because I trusted him and his expertise in boosted Pontiac engines.

Then I bought a set of sd ported eheads fully assembled that he had in stock. Also at the same time he ordered a custom 55 mm bullet cam , shaft rockers, 937 lifters, head studs with stepped washers As well as a oil pump, all the bearings which he said he had in stock, ati harmonic balancer, lifter bushings and other miscellaneous parts to complete the engine. I paid for everything back in February and March of year.

Then I talked to him and found out he builds and dunks engines as well. I trusted his skills and thought he was the best option to build and dyno my engine. I asked him if he would build and dyno my engine with one request that he would have it completed back to me by the end of 6/20 I stressed that if he couldn’t I would have my local guy build it which I regret now. He agreed so instead of him shipping the parts I purchased to me I told him I’ll send him everything I have to fully build and dyno the engine, parts I sent to name the major items, IA2 block complete fuel tech ft600 system sensors and all, my turbo and turbo headers, oil pan, billet flex plate, the custom Bryant crank that the bob weight was matched to the rods and pistons Mark had ordered for me was dropped shipped direct from Bryant to him. I also sent him more money towards assembly and dyno total I paid Mark was $17500.00 over three checks. He never asked for money for assembly up front , I sent it on my own to not have a big Bill In the end. He also said he would make me his first billet intake and valve covers. So at this point beginning of 4/20 he had everything to assemble the engine

End of June deadline was missed like he never was a thing but since the COVID crap was happing I understood the delay. He said end of august the latest again missed he never even acknowledged it. Then he promised by thanksgiving of last year. same thing like he never even said it.

February of this year came and he sent me a pic of the block getting the oil pan surface milled I was shocked considering he said the block was machined 8 months prior. I had enough at that point and sent him a text saying I was sending my friend to his shop on 3/16 to pick up my engine assembled or not and all my parts. I have no hard feelings and wanted to keep it that way. I also told him I understand that dynoing the engine and the billet intake is not going to happen obviously since he told me he had no idea when he would get to it the week prior. I ordered a billet intake from hogan for the eheads Mark sold me. He gave me the info hogan requested To cut the intake. it was obvious he would never complete the engine in the near future.

He called me on 3/12 and said that if I gave him 2 weeks he promised he would have the engine assembled minus the intake and shipped to me. I said yes and thought he was finally sincere and going to keep his word. I’m in boston I really didn’t want to deal with picking up a un assembled engine in Wi.

At the end of the two weeks I called him and he says the crank bearings are on back order and they won’t be here till 5/21 I was shocked first off that he didn’t do 1 thing to the engine let alone assemble it I was under the impression the crank was already installed long ago. Second I already purchased the bearings from him before I sent him anything a year ago. Said they were in my pile of parts. I asked him for the part numbers for the bearings he needed and I will track them down. I called king direct they had 11 sets in stock they told me to order through summit racing since I don’t have a account with them, I did and Mark had them within 4-5 days.

I Gave him two more weeks I called him and he’s says he’s waiting on lifter bushings. Wtf We ordered those and they where “in my pile “ a year ago. I thought those were installed months ago as well. 1 more week goes by and he says progress is at a snails pace. I said this is ridiculous he then offered to box up and ship my parts back to me. I said I think that’s best at this point please do. And let me know what if anything I need to complete the engine so I could get a jump on it. No answer.

He won’t answer my phone calls anymore but his wife Jill sent me a text saying they are shipping everything last week. I again asked if their is anything I need to complete the engine. They won’t answer the question. Or my calls. I received some boxes on 3/27 that contained my electronics, oil pan, blow off valves and waste gates also lifter bushing and my crank bearing I just sent him so I know now he didn’t do one thing to my block over the last year.

5/28 I received a ripped open box with my main caps and hardware. The box ripped because it wasn’t strong Enough for the weight of the caps and no protective padding separating the caps from each other at all. Some my brand new main caps for my brand new block are beat up and missing hardware.

I called him right away no answer but he called me back I told him I wasn’t happy about the main caps he said someone else packaged them.

I then asked him what’s on the pallet since I’m missing all the engine parts. He tries to avoid the question so I ask if my heads are on it. He says nope and they’re his along with every part I paid him for that he ordered since I fired them. I didn’t fire them he offered to send my stuff back I said yes. I have text proving everything. Then I said I want my $17,500.00 back now since you wasted 15 months of my life and you stole the parts I purchased. He tries to blame it on me that he has to find another machine shop now that he pulled my engine out of their they’re Pissed at him. Really if they can’t even prep a block in a year they should be in business. I know he is trying to reverse the blame. Then says I threatened him and hangs up on me. I did threaten him with legal action not physical.

He blocked my number and won’t respond about the contents of the pallet that will be here Tuesday or my $17,500.00 that I want ASAP and that is unacceptable, it’s not pocket change.
Yep that's Mark ! Had same experience trying to build a motor with Mark, half way into the project he said he couldn't help out any more said I was an impatient little kid and he walk away from the project. I was lucky got my money back and went a different direction with my build, There are a few other people I know he left hanging on projects. Best advice I would give anyone who is thinking of using any products or services from LPI, DON"T .

Old 06-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Senior Chief

If this story is even remotely true, this post should be allowed to be plastered across this entire site...EVERYBODY should be able to clearly see what they are getting into if they choose to go with this company...

The Following User Says Thank You to opeliac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2021, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I do not know Mark or much about LPI. But a couple general comments that may help others in the future. 1. When choosing a shop to build a complete engine, the more that said shop can do in house, the better the chance of staying on a time line. 2. It seems that this place is using various other sub-contract shops to do the vast majority of the work. That's a recipe for disaster IMO. 3. The entire COVID situation has been a disaster for our hobby. Very reputable shops like Butler Performance are out of stock of most items and some will be backordered for months. Hope it all works out for you.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I do not know Mark or much about LPI. But a couple general comments that may help others in the future. 1. When choosing a shop to build a complete engine, the more that said shop can do in house, the better the chance of staying on a time line. 2. It seems that this place is using various other sub-contract shops to do the vast majority of the work. That's a recipe for disaster IMO. 3. The entire COVID situation has been a disaster for our hobby. Very reputable shops like Butler Performance are out of stock of most items and some will be backordered for months. Hope it all works out for you.
I totally agree.
I was under the impression it was all done in house giving his machining background but should have asked. I did look him up and could find nothing negative.
All parts were paid for and ordered before COVID happened so that should have never been a issue On the parts end.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

I worked for one of the largest automotive vehicle companies in the world for 39 years making programs successful. ECOBOOST is one of my programs.

There are ALWAYS bumps in the road. The company above is in the papers currently waiting for "Chips" for vehicles and have been for months. Timelines get delayed.
But it seems you want your timeline to be exactly what it was originally with no flexibility in the agreement and you want all of your money and the parts and work basically for free. It doesn't work that way.

My suggestion is to show some flexibility in the dealings with the supplier (any supplier for that matter) and work out the issue in the best way possible that is acceptable for both parties. Threats basically do nothing to resolve the situation.

JMO

Tom V.

I am really surprised that you feel you should have all of your money back, and the parts purchased with that money. Unless you have receipts showing that you bought the parts separate from the Luhn Transaction, you get one or the other, typically.

The other comment is EVERYONE, big companies and small companies have suffered from the COVID bs. And it sounds like you have no allowance for that in your original timeline on when the engine was to be shipped to you.
Hi Tom,
You know me a little. We’ve talked before on the phone. you helped me spec out all the parts for this build. I followed your advice to a t.

I never said or hinted to wanting the parts and the money that would be like someone keeping the parts you purchased from them and not refunding the money you paid for those parts.
All I want is my money or the parts not both. A simple answer to that question and I would have never posted anything. But still I have no answer.

I fine with delays and unforeseen circumstances but 11 months past the first date I was told and he still didn’t have the crank bearings or lifter bushings after I was told over a year ago they were with my parts waiting for assembly. I still was respectful and didn’t want any hard feelings between us, he’s the one how said “I can’t box up your parts and ship them back to you if you’d like” I said “ I think that’s best yes please do” was I wrong ? I built the whole car 25.3 chassis and all in less time then it took to have a block fully machined.
I’d love to end this but he blocked my number and won’t answer my emails and that is not acceptable. this isn’t pocket change and I need that money to move forward.

I’m already a pretzel how much more flexible can I get.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So did this get resolved?

Old 07-21-2021, 01:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

JMO

Tom V.

I think you are delusional telling the op to be "flexible" He was more than flexible with all the missed delivery times given to him and having parts and money sitting for over a year while being given false promises.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racegto65 For This Useful Post: