Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 06-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Anybody using a Smartwire

Looking for help on programing the smartwire Racepak PDM. Anybody?

Vince

Old 06-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

4 calls and 2 messages only to be told I was lied to at PRI and the Smartwire is not capable of controlling the ignition with an oil pressure switch for shut down. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:15 PM
Senior Chief

I am not familiar with the Smartwire and had to look it up...looks pricey, but very capable unit.

I was looking through the manual and it looks like you can program it to do what you want by just using basic logical programming.

In the manual they had this example for turning on a fuel pump when oil pressure is greater than 10psi and the fuel pump is on.

Turn on the output channel (Fuel Pump) when the following conditions are True:
• Oil Press is above 10psi (greater than 10) “&” Ignition Switch is on (equal to 1) “OR” Fuel Pump Switch is on (equal to 1)

It looks like you could easily change these conditions around and use an oil pressure set point to turn off your ignition.

I don't think you need to go back to the drawing board....just need to assign inputs and outputs to the controller and then program them on what you want them to do.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The main issue is not turning the ignition off with not oil pressure it is starting the car with no oil pressure and if it should loss oil pressure keeping the ignition off until the driver resets it.