Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Come on you sissy's, pull the trigger already!

Old 03-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB
Come on you sissy's, pull the trigger already!
Alright, Pat. What's holding you back my friend?

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 03-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a rare car. Even if you BIN, you won't be losing money on the car after a few years. Looks like it's untouched for the most part, except the a/c. I don't think the BIN price is too far off the current state it is in value. Got to take into account the RARITY of the car. Manual is easily 25% more than an automatic car's value. I'm about ready to pull it...talking myself into it.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB
It's a rare car. Even if you BIN, you won't be losing money on the car after a few years. Looks like it's untouched for the most part, except the a/c. I don't think the BIN price is too far off the current state it is in value. Got to take into account the RARITY of the car. Manual is easily 25% more than an automatic car's value. I'm about ready to pull it...talking myself into it.
And . . . it would take a few years to restore it, at least for me it would, LOL!

Getting serious now, can anyone give some input / advice concerning the rear package shelf and dash rot issues?

Old 03-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Does anyone here know some one trustworthy and knowledgable in the Sunnyvale area to perform a personal inspection?

Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX
Alright, Pat. What's holding you back my friend?

Well...wanting to get my other 72 done this year.....but trust me, I've been mulling this one over as well.....CRAP, I hate coming across these things!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB
I've been mulling this one over as well.....CRAP, I hate coming across these things!
Ditto!

Old 03-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That's why I don't look. If you look surely you'll find something you have to have.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BN
That's why I don't look. If you look surely you'll find something you have to have.
Bill, you're a wise man!

Old 03-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

THERE, SOMEONE had to buy it.....GEEEESHHH!!!

Old 03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Senior Chief

speechless!...lol way to go Pat its a very cool car that just doesnt come along very often!

T/A

Last edited by GOATFF71; 03-20-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Way to go, Pat!

I'm jealous, and a little ticked off at myself for not pulling the trigger first, but I'm glad that soemone here bought the car.

Pat, be sure and keep us updated with pics and more info once you get the car.

Resto progress, too. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, it looks like somebody bought it through BIN.

I wrestle with the whole "what's it worth" thing myself. I've got a 72 Lemans Sport convertible w/ 455HO 4-spd. It's not a GTO, so what's a car this rare worth to the buying public? Would I be better off to spend my money on a SD455 T/A vs the 455HO 4-spd Lemans convertible?

Mike

Old 03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike
I wrestle with the whole "what's it worth" thing myself. I've got a 72 Lemans Sport convertible w/ 455HO 4-spd. It's not a GTO, so what's a car this rare worth to the buying public? Would I be better off to spend my money on a SD455 T/A vs the 455HO 4-spd Lemans convertible?
I went through the same process on this car. I almost hit BIN this morning but I didn't because I struggled with the future value of that car v.s. the resto costs. Keep in mind the Pontiac "buying public" has the words GTO, Tri-Power, Judge and SD etched in their memory and this is tied to their pocketbooks.

I REALLY hate to say this, but, the model name on the outside of the car wouldn't mean a thing if it were a chebby with an LS6 and four speed.

1971 Trans Am 455HO M22; Cameo White / Blue
1971 GTO Convertible 455 M40; Starlight Black / Black
Old 03-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike
Well, it looks like somebody bought it through BIN.

Mike
Yep, Mike. It's our very own Pat Brwon, aka PB.

Gotta go with your heart on whether to spend the $$$ on the SD or the HO 'vert, Mike. It's a fickle market, always has been and always will be. Must admit, though, that the monikers "Judge", "GTO", "Ram Air IV" and "SD" will always have more marketability than any HO car, no matter how rare the particluar HO car might be.

On the other hand, with the HO being a 'vert, I'd say it's a toss-up. Convertibles ALWAYS bring more $$$, and yours being a M22 deal makes it extra desirable.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Way to go Pat. That with your other two will make a very impressive collection of 72's.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations Pat - nice buy!

Sooooooo.....is that T-41 for sale?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks everyone. That car bugged me since I saw it last night. That car is an odd duck. I agree with Lloyd and Chiefpontiac in that the HO cars do not get the same "billing" as the words "Judge" "GTO", RAIV, Tripower.....Right now, BUT, I believe that these cars values will increase drastically when those other "terms" either 1. Dry up or 2. Become so high priced that only collectors can afford to buy them. Both of which is starting to happen. What other year of car can you say that I can buy a GTO, without buying a GTO?.....AND get the same options a GTO could get? That lemans has all the WW5 options, and then some! That is what makes 72 a VERY unique year. I guess I don't have to clone my other 72 now... This is the car I was cloning...a non GTO...lol I'm just glad I've stashed away a lot of 72 parts over the years. I've got every thing for this car, except the puker errr pewter interior

Old 03-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB
Thanks everyone. That car bugged me since I saw it last night. That car is an odd duck. I agree with Lloyd and Chiefpontiac in that the HO cars do not get the same "billing" as the words "Judge" "GTO", RAIV, Tripower.....Right now, BUT, I believe that these cars values will increase drastically when those other "terms" either 1. Dry up or 2. Become so high priced that only collectors can afford to buy them. Both of which is starting to happen. What other year of car can you say that I can buy a GTO, without buying a GTO?.....AND get the same options a GTO could get? That lemans has all the WW5 options, and then some! That is what makes 72 a VERY unique year. I guess I don't have to clone my other 72 now... This is the car I was cloning...a non GTO...lol I'm just glad I've stashed away a lot of 72 parts over the years. I've got every thing for this car, except the puker errr pewter interior
Excellent purchase Pat! It seems my son doesn't have to attend community college after all.

Seriously, stop by my place in Colorado if you bring the car home yourself. It's on the way and I would like to meet you and see the '72 for myself.

1971 Trans Am 455HO M22; Cameo White / Blue
1971 GTO Convertible 455 M40; Starlight Black / Black
Old 03-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

way to go big daddy war bux$$$ ahem.....it is also of my opinion that this cars value (as optioned ) restored, will top that of the wagners bench seat 4pd car. what do you guy's think, maybe person who ordered this car was trying to avoid paying the higher insurance rates that the gto nameplate would automatically bring?? anyhow way to go pat, and let me know if you want to swap any black interior stuff for the pewter that resides in my project, ..wont get around to replacing or dyeing any of it for at least a few months. great buy