Old 10-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '65 Car of the Year vent window decals

I seem to recall info on this being posted in the past, but can't come up with anything today using search function. Can anybody post a close up photo of one of these decals? I have a set of Tempest vent windows with the decals on them, but they are in pretty rough shape. Trying to come up with something better to use in getting them reproduced.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 65 Only

Water transfer decal on wing windows
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65 Teal (3).jpg
Views:	300
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	379443   Click image for larger version

Name:	65 Teal (4).jpg
Views:	342
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	379444   Click image for larger version

Name:	65 Motor Trend Decal.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	379445  

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

did that stick on outside or inside of glass

Old 10-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dld View Post
did that stick on outside or inside of glass
Water slide off decal that was applied to the inside of glass.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks

Old 10-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Senior Chief

any one reproduce these? I have two 65 pontiacs.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would interested in one or two.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '65 Car of the year

60's stuff, thanks very much for the photos. Took them to a sign/graphics guy today along with my vent window with one of the original decals attached(pretty poor quality image, unfortunately) He says the actual decal on the vent window is useful to establish dimensions, but no good for reproducing image. He doubts that the photos you provided will produce a very sharp image, since they are a little fuzzy when viewed(no fault of yours, of course). The shape/details/sharpness of the trophy seem to be the issue. He seems to think the text part can be recreated without too much difficulty. Anyway, he said he'd work on it and let me know when he had something for me to look at. I'm going to keep looking on line for images of this decal. The guy I'm working with(Larry) says he will only be able to produce this image as a peel and stick piece that is applied to the outer surface of the vent window, not a water transfer decal that is applied to the inner surface. I have seen some supplies at the nearby Hobby Lobby that appear to be designed for creating water transfer decals using a computer printer/copier. I will look into that for more details. It would be neat to get this reproduced as accurately as possible, but I'm prepared to settle for "close" if that's all I can get for a reasonable cost. I'm sure 999 people out of a thousand have never even seen one of these decals anyway, and I'm only pursuing this as an interesting project for my 2 1965 cars, not as a business venture. Maybe I should try to get on "Shark Tank".

Old 10-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Terry, not to change the subject, but have you been by the new 'Hooka Lounge' yet?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 10-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jerry, I think I sent you a PM, but the links and format seem different from what I've seen in the past, so not really sure if it worked. Let me know.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Big Trophy

I have this magazine article somewhere and can't find it, so this pic is courtesy of Mr. Option 382.

Thank You Roger!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	!Motor Trend.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	380181  

Old 10-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You may look in a old MT mag. I think I remember it there

Old 10-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think Option 382 took that photo, and I'm pretty sure 60sstuff still has the original camera used in the shoot. In its original box, no less.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you find decent artwork my son says no problem recreating it on decal (not vinyl sticker) and printed reverse so it can be applied to inside of glass.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
I think Option 382 took that photo, and I'm pretty sure 60sstuff still has the original camera used in the shoot. In its original box, no less.
Yes and Abe Lincoln was the producer.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry M. Hunt View Post
Jerry, I think I sent you a PM, but the links and format seem different from what I've seen in the past, so not really sure if it worked. Let me know.
Nope, never got it.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

Here are a couple pictures , maybe they can work with these.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	65 Pontiac MT COY award.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	380312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor Trend_February 1965[1].jpg
Views:	121
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	380315  

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but
they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a
status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
which would include their own government." — George Washington

Last edited by 3 Deuce 64; 10-30-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '65 Car of the year vent window decal

Picked up the finished sticker on Friday. It's not perfect,(trophy image a little fuzzy, text is pretty sharp, gold color looks a little on the green side), but looks okay for the time being . It'll be an interesting conversation starter next car show season. I'm still going to follow up on the Hobby Lobby decal stuff I saw one time there. Nytrainer, can you see if your son can give any further details on how the water transfer decal can be produced?

Old 11-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He says if you can scan it (high def as possible) then bring it into Adobe Illustrator (Vector image not bitmap) size it, touchup, adjust colors, etc.. Then print is reverse image on decal stock so it can be applied to the inside of your window.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

NYT, thanks for details. Sounds like a foreign language to me, but I'm sure it will come in handy for discussions with sign guy who will understand it.