Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Allstar performance engine stand

I bought the All Star Performance engine stand from Amazon two years ago to hold my 468 while it was being built. Ever since it went in the car it’s been lying dormant. Well the shop that is painting my car does not want the engine or trans in it so out it came. While setting the engine back in the cradle I was a little overzealous and bent the shaft of one of the casters. When I went to unscrew the caster I realized the shaft wasn’t bent but that the slam had bent the captured nut that the caster screwed into. I figured well I guess I just won’t have any casters and this thing will have to stay where I put it. Make a long story short I called Allstar Performance and asked if there might happen by chance to be a warranty. I told them it was two years old, the whole spiel and without any proof whatsoever they sent me a new cradle and caster set for nothing. I asked about sending them pictures for proof and they said nah. Then I said I would send the old one back and they said no keep it as a stationary cradle if you can’t get the caster back in. The damage was entirely my fault and they covered it on my word. If you need an engine cradle order the one from Allstar Performance . It’s I think 86 dollars on Amazon or thru them but the fit is excellent. The motor sits just like it should, and they stand behind their stuff.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for posting this, I'm literally buying this now for my 468ci and did a search on here first.

I guess for $86 and free shipping its worth it regardless.

11.7:1, KRE H Ports, Lunati HR 282/290 w Johnson Lifters & 1.65 Scorp, E30, EFI, Holley HP + Dual Sync, 12-1 Crank Trig, 120lb Inj & 1000cfm TB, Torker II EFI Intake & Rails, PTC 10" 0 Stat, Ricks Hot Rod SS Gas Tank, Magna 4303, Aerom EFI Reg, Aerospace Front & Rear Disc Brakes, Dougs 1 7/8" Headers & Borla Pro XS 3" Muffs, Alum Rad & Dual Fans, Powersteering.com Pump & 12:1 Box, QA1 Front Arms & Viking Berz CO + Rear Shocks, Hella UP28 Vac Pump