Old 05-13-2021, 02:44 PM

Default Seat Cover interchange?

The seats in my 66 Catalina convertible need to be re-covered. Looking in the Ames catalog and OPGI, they have seat covers for a 66 Bonneville, or a 67 Catalina Convertible, but nothing for a 66 Catalina.

Are seat covers interchangeable as long as I stick with the same basic model?

I have a 66 Catalina Convertible... Would seat covers for a 66 Bonneville Convertible fit? Or would the 67 Catalina Convertible seat covers fit?

I'm not concerned about the pattern on the seats. I'm ok if its different as long as it fits. Anything is better than black duct tape...

Thanks!

Last edited by Stuart; 05-14-2021 at 09:22 AM. Reason: corrected date in first sentence
Old 05-14-2021, 07:39 AM

Ugh. I just realized that I typed 55 Catalina above... It's not a 55, its a 66, and I'm asking if 66 Bonneville covers will fit because I can't find 66 Catalina covers...

Old 05-14-2021, 08:30 AM

The Bonneville covers will fit, but as you suspected, they will be a different pattern.

Be prepared for a lengthy wait for covers, I checked on some this week and was told it would be about 40 weeks before they would ship!

James Q

1963 Bonneville Safari - Nocturne Blue, 4-speed