Old 01-09-2020, 02:04 PM

Default Aftermarket Carb for 4 cylinder

Has anyone used an aftermarket carburetor for their 4 cylinder. I cant seem to get my 63 to run right, hard start,rough idle, poor acceleration ETC. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

Old 01-09-2020, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it a 1bbl or 4 bbl engine?When I was doing my 1 bbl engine the factory carb was missing and found a NOS one on ebay.I think there are carbs that were used on some early 6 cyc engines that are compatible.Not sure about the 4 bbl engines.Tom

Old 01-09-2020, 03:24 PM

Its a 1 barrel

Old 01-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had many of the same problems with my 1bbl equipped 62. Found a similar carb at swap meet that appeared to be rebuilt by a carb guy. The 62 ran better than it ever had. Years ago Napa sold rebuilt 1bbls. I bought one for one of my Nissan Patrols so that might be worth a look? Good luck!