THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-06-2021, 11:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ah! Sorry mate, didn't mean to tug your shirt tail, fish on! Looking for some wall art, feasting, or just tryin to get away from us kids.

Never much luck when I was younger, then I found myself on the coast in NC., figured I try the pier, millions of fish in the ocean.

Managed to snag a 'unknown', all I knew at the time was it had two eyes on one side of it's head and swimming on it's side, OMG!

WTH, of all the fish in the ocean I managed to catch a deformed one, an elderly lady was happy to unhook and keep it for herself.

After complaining on the job the next day I've learned to keep my fishing experiences to myself, due to certain circumstances.

Best of luck!
Frank

Old 06-06-2021, 12:22 PM
Senior Chief

Thought the funnest one had a center idle carb ?

Old 06-06-2021, 06:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Thought the funnest one had a center idle carb ?
Speaking of fun, that's something I'd consider for a gasser, that'ed be the cherry on top!

The most rare and nostalgic set up, but unnecessary for the street as I understand it.

Plus from what I've read in smoke signals and elsewhere the linkage was a nightmare.

Frank

Old 06-07-2021, 01:09 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Tom- you travel from Long Beach to Rhode Island to fish?

Old 06-07-2021, 04:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes,fished 5 days going home today.Tom

Old 06-10-2021, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I need to call the pattern maker Monday to setup a appointment to sit down with all involved and hopefully give the deposit to make the patterns.The lead guy of the program is on vacation this week.Said 6-8 weeks for completion.Baby steps.Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to tom s For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2021, 10:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the update Tom, appreciate the effort, it's a long walk.

As for the fishin,
anything worth lyin about?

Last time to the coast I did ok.

Frank

Old 06-18-2021, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK guys!Quick update.I was informed last week that I cant run these thru my consulting company!I am in the works of trying to sell the project to someone that wants to take it over.Lynwood pattern service has shown interest.They are the people I have been working with for over a year.They make the patterns,do the casting and also do the machining.If they decide to take it over I will follow it until they have a working correct fitting intake which will be test fit on a 62 engine and a 69 engine.As back up if anyone knows anyone that could be interested PM me please!ALSO if ANYONE that has committed to purchase either a early or late style for $2500 and wants to beg out I will need to know ASAP as it could affect the whole project.Lynwood has interest in the project if the 19 people are still on board.Should have a answer from them in a week or two.IF they take it on it will be 6 to 8 weeks before I have a pair of finished intakes to test fit and confirm good to go.Im kind of bummed I cant do the complete deal but am confident that when I sigh off on it everyone will be happy.
AGAIN!These intakes will have STOCK pontiac ports fitting 61-64 heads and STOCK pontiac 48 heads.Plenty of room to port match to RA IV Ehead size and bigger.As a reminder the original port height on my scanned intake was 2.100 tall.Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to tom s For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2021, 05:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Im kind of bummed I cant do the complete deal but am confident that when I sigh off on it everyone will be happy.
Tom
Well that is a bummer, I was looking forward to a personal connection as apposed to a company or other entity.

None the less I'm comfortable with the fact your still overlooking the quality of fit and finish until final production.

I do sincerely hope you're compensated for the time and effort as this project would have never been realized.

Edit - Regardless of whether it remains to be your project or not, it's still your baby far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the update, and Much Gratitude Tom!
Frank

Last edited by 4zpeed; 06-18-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I sent PMs to people that expressed interest in buying and intake.Please reply to my PMs.Tom

Old 06-18-2021, 10:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

PM sent. Still definitely want one!

Old 06-19-2021, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

still would like an intake of the newer port style please. Again thanks for all your efforts nothing gets this far without you obviously

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 06-21-2021, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
OK guys!Quick update.I was informed last week that I cant run these thru my consulting company!I am in the works of trying to sell the project to someone that wants to take it over.Lynwood pattern service has shown interest.They are the people I have been working with for over a year.They make the patterns,do the casting and also do the machining.If they decide to take it over I will follow it until they have a working correct fitting intake which will be test fit on a 62 engine and a 69 engine.As back up if anyone knows anyone that could be interested PM me please!ALSO if ANYONE that has committed to purchase either a early or late style for $2500 and wants to beg out I will need to know ASAP as it could affect the whole project.Lynwood has interest in the project if the 19 people are still on board.Should have a answer from them in a week or two.IF they take it on it will be 6 to 8 weeks before I have a pair of finished intakes to test fit and confirm good to go.Im kind of bummed I cant do the complete deal but am confident that when I sigh off on it everyone will be happy.
AGAIN!These intakes will have STOCK pontiac ports fitting 61-64 heads and STOCK pontiac 48 heads.Plenty of room to port match to RA IV Ehead size and bigger.As a reminder the original port height on my scanned intake was 2.100 tall.Tom
Tom Iam still for the early version. Been gone racin and didn't see thread till 6-21 Gary Beemer

Old 06-21-2021, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have you down.By the way your PM is full.Tom

Old 07-09-2021, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

where does this post go if its not in the lobby? any updates Tom?

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 07-09-2021, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im frustrated about no reply from the foundry!Im going on a 7day fishing trip in the AM,will be back the 18th.Will contact again on the 19th and will go up and figure what my next move will be.Sorry guys,im at their mercy.Tom

Old 07-09-2021, 04:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tom, is everyone who wanted a manifold still on board? If the number of manifolds is too low for the foundary, maybe we could find several more people who would want one.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im sure the number is good,im at 30 right now between the two styles.Not sure whats up as they have not answered any of my email for right at a month now.Not a KMA,still thinking etc.Tom

Old 07-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It is somewhat concerning that the foundry/pattern shop is no longer communicating, but you know them better than us. Sure hope they are still on board.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:30 PM
Boost Engineer

So how many potential purchasers do you have vs the number you need for the run?

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.