Old 01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Senior Chief

Talking Monty Python and the Flying Judge

I just read this on the Volo site and it reminded me of Monty Python. The skit where they arrive at the conclusion that she is a witch....if she burns, she must be made of wood, and wood floats, what else floats, a duck. Therefore, if she weighs the same as this duck, she must be a witch. Burn her!

Just having fun, but the logic is good.

In 1970 there were 3635 total hardtop GTO JUDGES produced, the first 600 were all Orbit Orange in color. That left 3000 judges to be painted one of 20 various paint colors. So in my estimations from doing research, I believe there were about 150 Atol Blue Judges built in total. How many have their original motor, 4 speed and are in great drivable condition. My guess is less than 15. ( 3 out of 4 Judges with RAM AIR motors were blown up by kids drag racing, or over the years their drivetrains were lost, sold, and or forgotten about). How many of these 15 were made in Fremont California with the Californian emissions? Well, I would guess at less than 3. So really, my Atoll Blue over Black vinyl 4 speed RAM AIR III is a piece of history...

Old 01-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are right about that TEG ! This is just like a skit on Monty Python. Same bizarre and twisted logic!

I bet if you go to Volo and ask to check out the judge, you’ll get the same answers as the character in that Monty Python cheese shop skit, where they don’t have even one piece of cheese on the premises !

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Senior Chief

"Yes, hello, lost and found....I seem to have misplaced my drivetrain. I don't know, I had it one minute, turned around, and it was gone. I am afraid it might have fallen out of my pocket...."

I also like the sentence "...of the Judges equipped with Ram Air....." Because we would not want to confuse those Judges that were standard, non RA 350 ci models.

I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops, but it is some serious "figgering" as in "the way I figger it...."

Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 PM

As in maybe lets just ponder this for a second, if there were only 3xxx 1970 judges produced, and about 45 different options available to order on them, wouldn't that make each one, one of a kind in some way? I find the NADA book for a RA III in #1 condition rather breathtaking at $180,000. But really if you have one you'd justifiably want to get at least that much for it considering replacement costs.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

From the TWIT OF THE YEAR CONTEST:

Oh my God,He's just run himself over in his own car!