SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1969 Pontiac LeMans

I have decided to try and get a car I always wanted but never quite was able (69-70 Judge). To do that I need to sell a couple of my cars. Below is a link to my ebay ad for my 77k mile original LeMans. This car resided in California from purchase till 2012 when it came to Central Florida. The car has a complete mileage log from day one for all gas fill ups, repairs and maintenance as well as PHS documentation. It was meticulously cared for by previous owners and features quite a few factory options that all work flawlessly. It has a light restoration on a very nice original car. The car was painted in 2012 in it's original Warwick Blue exterior and has a Parchment vinyl top and dark blue interior. Very similar to my 69 GTO I won GTOAA concourse with way back in the day. You will note I mention some flaws in the paint. I am very picky and you have to really look hard to see them. I considered repainting the car since the rest of the car is so nice (see pics) but decided to let the next owner decide what they want to do and reduced the price based on estimates I received for a repaint. There is absolutely no rust and body panels are very straight. The original 2bbl was replaced with a correct NOS Quadrajet replacement 7028276 and the correct 69 intake. Factory chrome valve covers were added as well as a factory air cleaner with chrome lid. Car starts/drives/sounds/smells just like 1969! I owned an original 69 low mileage GTO and this car feels just like it did.

I have priced the car fairly and will answer any questions or provide more pictures if necessary.

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Le-M...US_Cars_Trucks

MarkC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_DSp.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	379585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8846.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	379586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	379587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	379588   Click image for larger version

Name:	img002.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	379589  

Last edited by MCronkGTO; 10-22-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: forgot to indicate this is a ebay listing
Old 10-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's a very nice looking car.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks! I always liked that color combination. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a Parchment interior like my 69 GTO did. I was not really looking for another Pontiac when I stumbled across this. With the low mileage, unique options, great condition, and fact everything on this car works as it should I was impressed. It has an interesting story about the original owner. The metal plate on the console was a tribute to his care and the effort he put into optioning this car. I thought about removing it till I spoke to the second owner and he told me the story. The guy was more than anal about this car. He kept a mileage log that identifies every gas fill up, oil change, etc. He even had a picture of how he packed the trunk for trips to Omaha so he could maximize the amount of luggage he could bring. The second owner had the car for over 12 years and barely put more than a 1,000 miles on it.

It is such a time warp it is almost like it just rolled of the lot. The reason I am selling is to own a Judge after more than 30 years in this hobby. I did own a 70 OO RAIV 4 speed car with a blown motor and some serious rust back in the mid 80's. But I used the engine parts for my drag motor and sold the rest of the car! DUH!

MarkC

Old 10-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Senior Chief

Asking price??
Shawn

67 GTO 455,Super T-10,Wenzler Ram
79 Trans Am 455 Pro Stick Racing
2005 Thunder Mountain Blackhawk 103"
2019 Street Glide 114"
Old 10-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is an ebay auction. I tried to edit my post as I forgot to check that box when I submitted it. I hope to have a video up tomorrow that will show how nice the car is and the stuff that needs attention. I will take my Spot Rot magnet and go over the car and operate all the options.

Seriously am considering having the car painted but if I do I know I will keep it.

The reserve is very low and not much higher than the starting bid. I set that considering what it would take to paint the car and still be within "market value".

MarkC

Old 10-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Come on man... Just raid your 401k. Don't sell this car.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott from Cleveland should buy this.Very cool car,great colors,great options,and from a reputable Pontiac guy!!

Old 10-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCronkGTO View Post
The reserve is very low and not much higher than the starting bid. I set that considering what it would take to paint the car and still be within "market value".

MarkC
Reserve auctions are a big turn-off for a lot of people. Many potential buyers may not be interested in the guessing game, and won't waste their time. For all they know, you may just be fishing with a $30k reserve. If you're reserve is "not much higher" than the starting bid, you would be better off just starting it at that price with no reserve. Nice car, btw.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 10-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J GLASGO View Post
Scott from Cleveland should buy this.Very cool car,great colors,great options,and from a reputable Pontiac guy!!
just bought a 78 Trans Am , t top car with white original paint, 31k original miles. Paid up for a good car. If this car is still available in a month or two Ill be in a position to make a serious offer. Mr Mccronck, dont be in a hurry to give it "away" Paid 20k for the Trans Am, I value your car lets see what happens [have a settlement coming from a work injury} Email me if you want to talk. Ill get the car painted after I take off the rear spoiler. But of course if someone pays your price today or tommorow, by all means sell it, just dont give it away

Last edited by red1975pacer; 10-26-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Senior Chief

I understand its an ebay auction but its my understanding you have to post a price on here.That is a very nice car.I have a real similar 68 and a friend is looking for a nice car so I would like to turn him on to this one.
Shawn

2019 Street Glide 114"
Old 10-26-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAWN MILLER View Post
I understand its an ebay auction but its my understanding you have to post a price on here.That is a very nice car.I have a real similar 68 and a friend is looking for a nice car so I would like to turn him on to this one.
Shawn
Please read the rules again, auctions never are required to have any kind of set price as the outcome of the auction will determine that.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for confirming that.I will turn him on the the auction.GLWS
Shawn

2019 Street Glide 114"
Old 10-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have seen this car in person and can tell you it's a very nice car even with it's current paint.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Currently uploading a 25 minute video on the car. Yes it is long but in an effort to faithfully represent the car and it's current condition it is worth the time. Pardon the "less than professional" narration! LOL!

Andre - I already did that! LOL! Just paid for my daughters wedding 2 weeks ago. Could have bought a nice car for the cost of that wedding!

Thanks for the advice on auctions. I have only sold one car on ebay. I think next time I will try one of the "'Buy it Now" ads. Once the video is posted, and if I don't get any bids, I may just go ahead and post what I need to get for the car.

I won't give the car away but I do recommend having the car painted. You could leave it as is for a while and it still looks good for a driver. But this car deserves a paint job that matches the rest of the car and I have priced it accordingly.

I will be selling another one of my cars soon. Not sure which one yet but the other 2 are as nice as the Lemans with very nice paint.

Thanks for the compliments.

MarkC

Old 10-26-2014, 09:39 PM

nice!! very tempting

original ca car
Old 10-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here is the "Naked Truth" about this car. The video is long and the narrator "goofy" but you will see the car in it's "true light". For some reason the video does not start at the beginning so use the slider to start at the beginning.

http://youtu.be/NTShBQ3EL18

Comments and suggestions welcome but be "gentle".

MarkC

Old 10-27-2014, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ive seen, sat in, and studied this car up close. It is quite choice! I really should buy it, but I can't keep up with the cars that I have now.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default update

I have updated my auction to reveal the reserve. If you are interested please take a look at the updated information and the video.

I am serious about selling but not giving the car away. If you are interested and need more information email me at mcronk@harris.com and I will give you my cell number.

Thanks.

MarkC

Old 10-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would keep it just like it is. You can enjoy it and not have to worry about it getting a scratch or Mark in it and honestly if you paint it you will have too much money in it. These cars top out around 18k an I think somebody will get a he'll of a car from you to drive as is. If I sold one of my heavy cars I'd be all over this car. The video was awesome to watch.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the feedback on the video. I tried my best to show the flaws and the good stuff.

I think if you do your own paint/body or have connections you could paint this car and still be under $18k. The body is truly that straight and rust free. Most of the labor would be to strip the car to metal. We all know once you get it down to that level there always seems to be more "work" than thought. However I know the painter who has been in the business for over 40 years and he told me the car required very little work. Mostly just door dings and dents.

Crazy as it sounds I have seen some people do frame off restorations on cars they will never get their money out of. I guess it all depends what you enjoy about the hobby.

I like to drive my cars so I don't want a concourse vehicle, been there done that. However I like my cars to look that nice for the most part. This car has such low mileage I would be "conservative" on the amount of miles. Between the other cars I have I rarely put more than 500 miles a year on any of them.

If not for wanting a Judge I would not even have it up for sale.

MarkC