Old 12-30-2017, 08:35 PM

Default 1969 GTO reproduction radiator support opinions

Fellow members,

I would like to hear some recommendations on 1969 GTO reproduction radiator supports. I have read a number of posts that suggest that many are not very good and several have complained about having to re-weld the support in order to make it work.

Any recent experiences with radiator supports? Any particular brand better than others? Any suggestions at all?

Thanks

1970 Buick GS Stage 1 Auto
1967 Corvette conv. 327/350
1969 GTO RA IV
Old 12-30-2017, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Are you building a Pontiac GTO or a Taiwan GTO?

What is wrong with a decent used one?

Most repop parts are either a PITA or a POS. You'll have more time & money invested into trying to make one work than you will into a used piece and the repop piece will still haunt you.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No recent experience but the one I bought some years ago sucked big time. The entire lower rail (the mounting rail) is at the wrong angle. It didnt become clear until I went to install the fenders and the upper holes were not even close. To that point, I did think the radiator seemed close to the fan but wasn't sure if I was just imagining it. This is also due to the rail being wrong.

Also, some of the bolt holes for the AC condenser were in the wrong place and had to be drilled.

I also had to trim the pass. side "ear" to be able to get the pass. fender on. It was pushing it out, away from the engine. That wasnt a big deal, just a quick hit with the cutter.

Good luck!

Old 08-16-2019, 05:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to MichaelFow Send a message via AIM to MichaelFow Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelFow Send a message via Skype™ to MichaelFow
Default 1969 GTO reproduction radiator support opinions

Im trying to get good with support Taric. Sadly if you dont have a good lane partner in the beginning, you will find yourself wishing you went another route to pick up the slack.