THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Default Blanco Brown - A GTO Collector??

Kirban Nitely Random Thoughts....few more coincidences have popped up since my last post. Few have birthdays on one of the worse days in recent US History referring to 9-11. Actually my birthday falls 9-14.

I heard from Jason out of Canada who many years ago purchased Reggie Jacksons personal well optioned Turbo T. Reggie as many of you know has or had huge muscle car collection. Turns out Reggies birthday is the same day and month as Jasons! If you are into showing your car no doubt you go to extreme measures to detail your car. Jason probably goes one step beyond what anyone else does. At the end of every summer season he removes all 4 wheels and cleans the backs of them. He also takes every little pebble out of the tread. Good thing he is not married! I told him he can come here and do my personal cars anytime!

Many of you know my son does some amazing paint and body work. Without a question he now has painted more of the DB4 and DB5 Austin Martins than anyone else over a dozen to date. Several which have won at Pebble Beach. These are the model that James Bond used in the movie. Currently he is building a resto mod 1967 GTO sitting on a 2005 GTO chassis engine and interior. Mating this combo together their is no assembly manual just what is in his head. The cost of the paint alone was 8 grand! The car is presold to Blanco Brown who had the hit record the Git Up song now has 140 million views. He just sung the National Anthem at the NHL game in Vegas between US and Canada. To see the workmanship go to @kirbancustoms on facebook as he posts photos. The paint is unbelievable. Like a mirror finish. Bumpers everything same color. The coincidence how this came about? Weird. Few years ago the GTO National convention was in the Valley Forge area. I was one of the guest speakers. Darrell had just gotten the 1967 Lemans/GTO and needed parts so him and Devyn went with me. Turns out Blanco is a GTO collector and was at my seminar. We had no idea who he was but Devyn googled his name while we were there. The rest as they say is history.
Blanco is coming to see his car in a few weeks to see the progress on his GTO restomod. Me I have trouble not getting paint runs using a rattle can!
Your Health is Your Wealth

Grand Nationals being black you want to make sure you step up and get a top notch paint job as black will magnify any imperfection and buyers will step up for a high quality mirror type paint job. Its more work and of course more money but you see what these cars bring.

- Dennis Kirban

Old 02-07-2022, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All I can say dayamn! That is some fine work right there! And, I hope you don't mind but I am posting a link to the Facebook page. If it's not allowed please delete it.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=kirban%20customs

Old 02-07-2022, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Me thinks I'll have to try some of that stuff.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
Me thinks I'll have to try some of that stuff.
Are you talking about The Last Coat?

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-07-2022, 05:18 PM

I remember in the old days when your son did the Lamborghini Countach replica. It was amazing. Made me want to build one really bad until I realized how much work was involved. By the way I really miss your monthly newsletters. I still have every one of them. Lots of really good information in them.