67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 03-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

DOes anyone know if the 68 cruise control option was common on these cars? Mine is a 68 400 soft top and other than that, is pretty much a normal auto top and AM 8 track car. It's on the build sheet, so it's factory. Just wanted to know if others have this also?

Thanks

Build it fast, build it right, hold On TIGHT !!!

Old 03-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

DOes anyone know if the 68 cruise control option was common on these cars? Mine is a 68 400 soft top and other than that, is pretty much a normal auto top and AM 8 track car. It's on the build sheet, so it's factory. Just wanted to know if others have this also?

Thanks

Old 03-24-2003, 03:22 PM

It's about as scarce as chicken teeth! Seriously though, it is a rare option but I believe it was more common on 68 than on 67. I looked for nearly 4 years to piece together a factory setup for a 67 Firebird. The hardest parts to locate are the regulator to fender well bracket and the brake switch brackets. Those pieces are 67-69 bird only. The rest of the stuff are the same pieces as all other Pontiacs including the big cars which make them much easier to locate. I placed ads searching for a NOS kit but was unsuccessful.

Kane

Old 03-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you, It's nice to hear from someone who has this option. Mine has and is working, although not as nice as the one on my 2003 Explorer does. If I happen across any parts for it I will buy them and hold them for that day it does decide to bite it. And, that day should come. I'm sure, because thing's like that have a way of cloging up my life !!

Good day. >>>> Mike

Old 03-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

I saw 1 only last year on a 69 Rag, looked complete - was not working. It had A/C, 400, THM, PW, no CS wheel or clock though, was from SC, now living in Toronto.

Wally