THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:02 AM

Default Steve Magnante's YouTube channel.

Steve Magnante (host of the TV show Junkyard Gold, and Hot Rod Magazine contributor) has a YouTube channel. He just posted an interesting video about a 1973 Ventura II that was a promotional car for Uniroyal Tires back in the day (us old timers may remember there were three cars, with drivers named Uni, Roy, and Al.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5VAWlDlmQ

Here's another video about the hood scoops on Ford Super Duty trucks that were also used on the early Super Duty race cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEFh1YxEzTo

One more video, this one is about a 1963 Tempest with a 421 engine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05l7a2rdmrY

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 02:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I liked Magnante when he was with Hot Rod mag. He was a rebel hot rodder with lots of knowledge. The Caddy Hack Chevette was the greatest.

Old 10-21-2021, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm a YouTube junkie and seldom watch "regular" TV. I'll look Steve's channel up, I've enjoyed his junkyard series.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:37 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
I'm a YouTube junkie and seldom watch "regular" TV...

David, do you watch Scotty Kilmer? If not, I highly recommend his channel. He makes me laugh! A wild man.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 10-21-2021, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
David, do you watch Scotty Kilmer? If not, I highly recommend his channel. He makes me laugh! A wild man.
Can only handle about 5 min of his crapo.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post

I've watched a few of his. Lunatic. I couple of the other auto related channel's I watch (Watch Wes Work and Vice Grip Garage) mention Kilmer lovingly from time to time.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:31 PM

Yeah I like watching Junkyard Gold, he is a knowledgeable guy.
I do not like his closing phrase though
Hasta Magnante

I like Scott Klimer he is funny, kind of a loud talker. Rev up your engines

I also like Liv Scaffidi, she mostly narrates while her boyfriend does all the work. They have a Firebird in the garage, next to the LS motors they collect from the junkyard.

Old 10-21-2021, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What’s wrong with the sign off?

Old 10-22-2021, 01:06 PM

It is just corny that is all nothing against the guy.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure he doesn't just know all those facts about cars in the show Junkyard Gold but he is a general walking wealth of knowledge about all kinds of cars. Impressive!

Old 10-22-2021, 08:20 PM

Steve’s local to me and a car guy thru and thru, you’ll see him at Howard’s Drive in and with the boulevard bombers with his altered fair lane.
Check out his podcast, the first half has a few segments of Pontiac history as he rehashes his 1001 muscle car facts book.
Awesome that he makes a living doing what he loves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M91196 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2021, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by M91196 View Post
Steve’s local to me and a car guy thru and thru, you’ll see him at Howard’s Drive in and with the boulevard bombers with his altered fair lane.
Check out his podcast, the first half has a few segments of Pontiac history as he rehashes his 1001 muscle car facts book.
Awesome that he makes a living doing what he loves.
He's from Central MA somewhere. I'm pretty sure he still resides there. I escaped MA 3 years ago.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
He's from Central MA somewhere. I'm pretty sure he still resides there. I escaped MA 3 years ago.

Yeah I wish I escaped, he lives in the Brookfield’s still, I am a couple towns over.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
It is just corny that is all nothing against the guy.
I thought it was rather c,ever, my crew in places like LA and Miami would say that to me every quitting time, I like it.

The show has zero drama. That’s what’s nice. Unlike the ex military’s guys show, what an a hole.

He adds a lot to the Barrett Jackson auction. Unlike the Milkum ( mekum) auction guy, he said dryer hose on a ta was stock.

Old 10-23-2021, 06:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Steve's OK, but needs to stick to his beloved Mopar stuff when he thinks he's spouting facts. I was watching one of the B-J auctions, he was missing the mark on some Pontiac stuff AND Chevrolet pickup facts. Don't throw your words out as facts, just say, I think this is a fact....that will work....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 10-24-2021, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Steve's OK, but needs to stick to his beloved Mopar stuff when he thinks he's spouting facts. I was watching one of the B-J auctions, he was missing the mark on some Pontiac stuff AND Chevrolet pickup facts. Don't throw your words out as facts, just say, I think this is a fact....that will work....
I agree. I winced as he called a '64 Chevy a '63 model and made the same errors with '61 to '64 Galaxies, etc. I also noticed he concentrates on mundane stuff like a '73 Valiant when there's a '57 Skyliner or a '60 Catalina in the background that is WAAAAY more interesting.