Old 11-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Well let's see who's wrong at this point. It's at $155,100 with 8 days left. Where have the prices of these cars gone? I can't believe it.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

With the new ebay bidding system it makes it hard to spot shill bidding as well.
The old way, every so often you could pick enough "evidence" out to bust em.

The craze used to be "resale red" now every black car is "one of one", or "rare black" color.

How about coining a new term? Ill start: BOGUS BLACK

Old 11-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Senior Chief

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmycarsrjunk
I asked him, if there was a price at which he would sell now. His answer.....

"YES THERE IS $785,000 NO LESS"
I PREDICT THE AUCTION WILL GO TO $784,999

1964 silver 4 peed tri power convertible 3:90 rear
Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since I am pissimest an this auction has some flaws, here is my theory:

The guy runs the auction claiming to have all knowledge of the vehicle. He keeps baiting potential buyers, of which there are many (including myself). You win the auction and go to check out the vehicle. You arrive, inspect the vehicle, and realize that it has issues. Since you have more than likely arrived with a check or cash in hand, the seller tries to make a deal at a lower price. He's betting that you'll bite at the reduced price after having traveled a vast distance and spent the money to do so.

I've been there more times than I care to admit.

Now, there is always the possibility that this guy is telling the truth and this car is legit. If that is the case, someone on this forum knows the car and its history and is trying to obtain it. Most of these cars have been tracked for many years. I only hope that the next owner is an enthuiast, rather than a flipper.

This particular car is one of those few that I've always wanted, but was impossible to find. Now it's impossible to own unless you are a millionaire.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think SWEET is close to the truth on this one. There is a real # RA 4 4spd in Gold/Saddle for sale for 58K and hasn't sold (restored car!) and this is worth how much because of black and judge? I'm just not buying it BUT who knows?

If this is legit then the 37K Atoll Blue/Saddle car on this board should be swept away at that price (you'll be into it for 65K when done?)

Old 11-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh yeah the non-Judge Pepper green over saddle mint restored # 4spd ra4 car that can't get ANY bids at $85,000 which buys the car.

Is the Judge worth $100,000 more? For my money no but someone elses maybe. I'm just hoping to the car-gods that this guy really gets his $785,000! My car is going to BJ if it does.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Suspended

I just couldn't pay this amount for these cars. I know I would rather put the money on a new Ford GT (GT-40) and be happy to drive it.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile vin# scare

You are 100% right... the earlierst title would be 1st...
some are so scared, maybe they should put car in giant safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybirds
This seller is perhaps a bit optimistic in his belief that this is the only black 70 Judge.

His answer to a question gave me a chuckle. He was asked for a copy of the PHS, His answer was: "WILL NOT RELEASE VIN OR PHS EXCEPT TO WINNING BIDDER THIS CAR WILL NOT BE CLONED."

I am amused by owners who fear their car will be "cloned" or faked if the VIN is discovered by some kind of "thief in the night." The reality is that anyone would be a fool to try to copy a car that is known to exist. Someone looking to fake a car would look for a VIN that was known to have been scrapped, or buy the plates from a scrapped car. This is even more true for the Pontiacs because of the availability of the factory invoice. We are truly fortunate to have this resource, but it does have the unfortunate side effect of giving value to certain VIN tags.

We have all heard the stories about 318 Challengers and Cudas being cloned or faked into hemi cars. The perpetrator has a VIN tag altered or remade to designate a Hemi. With no factory records to refer to, this can be hard to prove.

In fact, the best protection against a car being faked or cloned is to have the VIN published in a registry or advertised on ebay to show the world that this car exists.

I expect this sellers "VIN paranoia" will likely hold down the bidding on his car, and if it does meet reserve, the sale price will be less than if he was willing to relase the VIN and invoice. So in this case, the sellers paranoia may work to the advantage of the high bidder.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile big$$$

Do I hear $785,001?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETMUSCLE
I PREDICT THE AUCTION WILL GO TO $784,999

Old 11-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

70ra455,

Just wondering about this RAIV car you keep pointing to for $58k. Was it the car that was the subject of the following thread?

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...18#post2629818

If so, the car has been "reviewed" by a PY member that saw the car. Does not have the original engine and while recently painted, was hardly restored. Thus, it ain't going for $58k...

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 11-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it is the same car! I wonder why one guy said it was in SD where another one said it was in Minn. Nevermind, if that car isn't #'s then the ad is irrelevant.

What about the Pepper Green/Saddle for $85,000 that can't find any bidders? It's frame off and I can't believe that someone would pay $100,000 more for a Judge? But like I said, for everyone their own taste.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Senior Chief

Because it's green and it may not have been a nice car once someone laid eyes on it. If that car was nice and it was black, red, blue, silver, or any other desireable color it would have sold.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone know anything about this car?
I agree the Black/Black RA IV 4 speed is the most desirable Judge in 70 right now. Why? Who wouldn't want one? Black/Red is also very desirable too. Then I would go to the Blues next. Although, I like Atoll Blue/Blue best.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ra455
I think it is the same car! I wonder why one guy said it was in SD where another one said it was in Minn. Nevermind, if that car isn't #'s then the ad is irrelevant.

What about the Pepper Green/Saddle for $85,000 that can't find any bidders? It's frame off and I can't believe that someone would pay $100,000 more for a Judge? But like I said, for everyone their own taste.
From what I've seen - a restored Judge tends to get twice the price of a comparable car without the stickers.....even the RA IV's. Un-restored, about 50% more.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOnly70
70ra455,

Just wondering about this RAIV car you keep pointing to for $58k. Was it the car that was the subject of the following thread?

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...18#post2629818

If so, the car has been "reviewed" by a PY member that saw the car. Does not have the original engine and while recently painted, was hardly restored. Thus, it ain't going for $58k...

I guess that's about the 5th or 6th thing I can cross off the previous list that was wrong. Bad info on that car too.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As far as the Pepper Green/Saddle car is concerned that car was at Norwalk and it was mint condition as far as I could tell.

I'm amazed that people would pay double for a car with the "stickers" than one without. Oh well ... that's why it's called a free country!

Doug, maybe (I'm just suggesting) that it may be time to let the previous post go and let this post be about this post. ???? Acceptable?

Old 11-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Senior Chief

People pay more for Judges because they represent the late 60's and early 70's psychedelic era. With bold colors and stripes that jump right out at you. Just like the Mopars and Fords did with their eye catching colors and stripe packages.

You see one at a show and people who don't even like Pontiacs come over to look at a Judge !!

The Black RAIV car that started this thread looks nice. Except for a few nit-picking items it may be a very nice car. The underhood looks a little dusty and that's about it. I down loaded the pics and blew them up.

If I was to fly out and look at this car. I would ask the seller if he would be willing to reimburse my travel expenses if it is not optioned as it is being represented. ( and get it in writing).

The owner of the car or the seller should help themselves by posting the PHS document. He can make a copy and white out the VIN, the dealer sold to and all the key blank data. People just want to see RA IV and the Judge options as well as the color codes. This would ensure that you are not wasting a trip. Which is a waste of the sellers time and the buyers time. JMHO.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Old 11-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Senior Chief

You park a Ram Air 4 GTO and a Ram Air 3 Judge next to it and watch where people gravitate to. The Judge. It's like the RA 4 is not even there. I don't get it but it's true.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio ps
You park a Ram Air 4 GTO and a Ram Air 3 Judge next to it and watch where people gravitate to. The Judge. It's like the RA 4 is not even there. I don't get it but it's true.
If that's what you like then go buy the stickers - for a few $100 you could be the bell of the ball. On the other hand, if pounding through the gears on that road outside of town on an early Sunday morning is what gets your blood flowing, then get the plain Jane IV.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Suspended

Because everyone knows you can't pound thru the gears on a road in the RA III Judge.